·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Woop there it is Chicken strips are not so huge after all
these strips will decrease in size with time

·
Registered
297 Posts
ok not to jack this thread and all but i was wondering because i too have chicken stripes.
The one side of my rear has a larger strip than the other and i swear im more comfortable on the side that has more of a chicken strip. does that mean that my form is preventing me from taking it off ???

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tacmedic, all i can say is holy sheet. I hope that all that tire rape took place on a track. That really is impressive.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Let it happen naturally.

I have just been getting more and more comfy, and notice them decreasing every now and then.

My right side is a lot smaller than my left, which I thought was weird cause I've always favored left hands over right hands, feels more natural.

EDIT:They looked like a harley rear when I got the bike, so I'm alright with them, I'm not ashamed of my chicken strips. I haven't been to the track yet so I have no reason to not have em. ha. These are still the stockers btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Let it happen naturally.

I have just been getting more and more comfy, and notice them decreasing every now and then.

My right side is a lot smaller than my left, which I thought was weird cause I've always favored left hands over right hands, feels more natural.
^^^ Mine are about the same, but I'm another one who thinks lefts are more comfortable than rights to me too. LOL! :icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
^^^ Mine are about the same, but I'm another one who thinks lefts are more comfortable than rights to me too. LOL! :icon_lol:
+111 however im all for the rights not the lefts. rights just feel more natural

·
Registered
753 Posts
Tacmedic, all i can say is holy sheet. I hope that all that tire rape took place on a track. That really is impressive.
Yup, That was after a track session on my ZRX.
<----
I run the tires for a weekend at the track, then put them on my street bike, (The ZRX has been retired to street use only).

You should have some unused tire on a street bike as you want to leave some margin for safety. Also, using more tire doesn't always mean you are faster, it could mean that the bike was leaned farther than needed due to poor riding position.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
ok not to jack this thread and all but i was wondering because i too have chicken stripes.
The one side of my rear has a larger strip than the other and i swear im more comfortable on the side that has more of a chicken strip. does that mean that my form is preventing me from taking it off ???
Yea don't worry about chicken strips! They really mean nothing!

And one of the biggest things that affect them is tire pressure!

I run in expert and I have more strips on my rear than my front!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the stock tires on my bike and I find it pretty hard to lean the bike to it's full potential (on the street)

I HAD Pilot Powers on my previous bike (03 600rr) and it was really easy to lean it to the edge.

IMOP - If you have chicken strips on your bike and you are riding 100% on the road, it's expected. If you dont have them on your bike at all and your knee dragging on the road, its not a reccomended method. If having chicken strips for street riding means something to you, then go for it. I know where I live - it's hard to find a nice turn to get a nice lean in. However, there are the exit ramps off the highway, but they are usually full with cars ;)

Keep the shiny side up, the rubber side down...you'll be good.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Don't worry. I've had my bike for three months and I still have chicken strips.

It just takes time. (unless you go to the track)

Just make sure you don't have wire chicken strips.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts