Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today this morning on my rounds to school, I stop at a Turkey hill (gas station) to pick up a cup of joe. While making my brew, I come across a guy on a cell phone, construction looking, older guy possibly in his late 30's to early-mid 40's. Looks like your average Harley rider. (no stereotype intent) he starts talking about riding so I listen in. Now im a 21 year old CBR600RR rider so to stereotype back lol, to this guy i'm your average crotch rocket, young stud babe snatchin fella lol.

Convo goes as this.

"Yea, I just picked it up last month, I didn't take the v-rod, it felt like crap and for that money screw it, so i took the VTX-1800cc Honda. Sucks cause im 5'9 and ya gotta be about 6'1 (snickered cause he peeped at me im about 6'3)"

I guarantee the other person aske dif it was fast.

"Oh ya, it's fast, I chased a GTO on 283, man the front end lifted and the back was givin out, I just kicked it back in align, it's fast as a busa man"

I felt violated lol. No way did he catch a GTO souped up or not, no way is his front end poppin up, back givin out, of course lol. Fast as a hayabusa and kickin a 758 lb bike back like its nothin (guy was like 5'9 bout 180 soaked)

I shoulda challenged his intelligence and riding skill, i'll pink slip my 600cc against his 1800cc on twisty run any day!

This guy has no intelligence whatsoever, doesn't even fit his bike, and WE sportbikes get crap? I'm sorry but I ride for the passion and thrill, no way am I an image rider, or squid. Riding is an on going process of learning. Even Rossi learns somethin new once in a while I bet. lol. So, IMO sportbike riders are more skilled than your average Harley/cruiser guy. Wanna see that guy get on a stock 600 with 100+ horses under his arse, kick it sideways and brag.

Just annoyed guys lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
clearly he has no idea how fast a busa is straight line, most likely he's never even ridden a sportbike so you just gotta learn to ignore ignorance.
As far as him one wheelin his 1800 Id believe it. I saw a guy this summer wheelie his raked out chopper at like 30mph, only for like 2 seconds but still funny as hell.

·
Registered
805 Posts
torque levels definitely give a wheelie advantage to those 2 cyl, but AFAIK no cruiser is going to match up with a single modern crotch rocket in a straight line or otherwise, barring bad riding skills. I know V-rods can be pretty quick, but they aren't 10 second machines.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I work with a guy here in this building that has an R1 he rides regularly. He jokes about how he used to have one of those old skool honda goldwings, and people'd **** their pants when they couldn't keep up with it. He said the ass end had so much weight, there was nearly no way you could knock the rear tire loose when straight up, and it'd wheelie with no problem. I thought he was insane, but he was not kidding.

As for the busa comment, I lol'd

·
Registered
65 Posts
This guy has no intelligence whatsoever, doesn't even fit his bike, and WE sportbikes get crap? I'm sorry but I ride for the passion and thrill, no way am I an image rider, or squid. Riding is an on going process of learning. Even Rossi learns somethin new once in a while I bet. lol. So, IMO sportbike riders are more skilled than your average Harley/cruiser guy. Wanna see that guy get on a stock 600 with 100+ horses under his arse, kick it sideways and brag.
Dude, go to a bike night and you'll understand that most sportbike riders are goddamn idiots.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yeah, you'll have that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kinda reminds me of a guy with this old mustang that he built. He was about 40 or so, nice mustang, FI with with a fast system, programmed and tuned at a shop i used to work at. He had put at least 40k into this car. It was clean nice, and only put about 260 to the wheels.

Well...One day when he came down to tune it some more, and one of my school buddies just got done tuning his eclipse on the dyno, and was puttin bout 300 to the wheels. The guy got all jealous that my friend spent about a 3rd of the money on his eclipse, which was nice as hell, and was puttin more power to the ground.

Its all about what you like I guess. If the guy thinks his bike is fast as hell, let him dream, then we can all just hop into a better dream and go twice as fast!

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
the VTX1800 is fast, so is the goldwing.
im pretty sure either one would take a stock GTO to be honest.

they are faster than the standard HD bikes, but i bet the V Rod is faster than both. (i rode a screaming eagle V Rod and i was impressed w/ it)

you would be surprised how fast some bikes really are.
he was talking out his aass about the Busa comment tho, LOL.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol i know any motorcycle has the ability to wheelie, but this guy is just a complete idiot! lol as for bike nights with sportbikes, i know the majority can get outta hand, its fun and people get caught in the moment, i go just to hang, chill, meet people and some chicks along the way, lol. wont find me circle burnout or endo in a crowd on city streets. cause i cant do that!!! lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have to assume most of you guys have never ridden a VTX1800...

if you have, you know that it would absolutely smoke most bike on the road.. traffic light to traffic light... including out precious little CBR600RR..

the torque they make is rediculous and I am sure would very easily smoke both a GTO and a 'Busa off the line..

best you ride something BEFORE you criticise :bootyshak:icon_lol:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I have to assume most of you guys have never ridden a VTX1800...

if you have, you know that it would absolutely smoke most bike on the road.. traffic light to traffic light... including out precious little CBR600RR..

the torque they make is rediculous and I am sure would very easily smoke both a GTO and a 'Busa off the line..

best you ride something BEFORE you criticise :bootyshak:icon_lol:
Well said....Beat me to the keyboard

1 - 20 of 29 Posts