Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok... quick background story, I bought my 03 600rr with the Repsol replica fairings. after almost 2yrs I decided to go with a new look. Dont get me wrong me loves the Repsols but wanted something similar but yet different..
SO after months of searching and researching I finally end up going with Auctmarts1(eBay). Why? they had the exact fairing kit I was looking for my 03 600rr, they also had detailed pics of each individual fairing/parts, and answered all my questions very promptly. Fantastic costumer service!
heres my "review"

-Shipping *Good*
I had these at my place in less than 3 weeks.(business day)

-Packaging *Excellent*
Nothing broke!, each fairings/parts were carefully packaged with bubble wrap and soft padding.

-Price *Great*
Remember folks you get what you paid for. $520 for the whole kit, including solo cowl, windscreen, tank pad and heatshield tape.

- Paint Quality *Great*
paint is flawless and I only found one small paint drop on the left air cover.

-Fitment *Great*
Auctmarts1 listed the fairings as a "Perfect Fitment series with improved moldings". And they are 100% right.
Installation went pretty well, I did have some issues trying to put the rear fairing I didnt want to break it lol so It took me a good hour to install it. Everything else fit nice and left no gaps:banger: I still had to drill/clean the two mounting holes on each mid fairing there was some clear coat residue left. but Auctmarts1 mentioned this might happen on their listing. I tried taking off the lower fairings but who ever intsall the previous kit managed to strip the bolt from the left lower one... I ended up reusing the old ones, but after looking at her and new look It wasnt a big deal after all.
-Do I recommend Auctmarts1 to fellow netters?
You betcha! yes! absolutely! si!

and now the before/after pics

BEFORE:

AFTER:

bonus*:gun1:

THanks for looki looki looki!

·
Administrator
51,152 Posts
Brilliant paint scheme

Reactions: RedOrange

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looking good!

Those were the ones i was going to get before i ran out of money.

Btw, i want your repsols :crackup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
im usually not a big fan of the 03-06s but holy hell does that kit make the bike POP! i can say with no doubt, id ride it. & im not talking about the lady :)

congrats on easy instal btw!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im usually not a big fan of the 03-06s but holy hell does that kit make the bike POP! i can say with no doubt, id ride it. & im not talking about the lady :)

congrats on easy instal btw!
Ha! Thanks!

That looks sweet. I'll have to see that one in person. Group ride this weekend?
In as long weather holds up :) Email/Facebook at [email protected]:drunk:

Looks sweet, I b sure look for you on the road!
Thanks man!

that looks really really nice. repsol FTMFW!:banger:
Hell yeah!! :cruising::banger::banger:

·
Registered
165 Posts
LOVE it. Congrats on your purchase. This is something I would like to do in the future at some point.

Random but.. maybe get that back rim powdercoated that neon yellow to match? Not sure how that would look though. Idk.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Awesome look! What do you think about the quality of the plastics? I understand they aren't PU like our OEM plastics, but would like to know what your thoughts were on their quality.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great man. :+1: on Auctmarts perfect fitment too.
Thanks m8!! Auctmart ftw!

LOVE it. Congrats on your purchase. This is something I would like to do in the future at some point.

Random but.. maybe get that back rim powdercoated that neon yellow to match? Not sure how that would look though. Idk.
Ha! Thanks,Not a bad idea. I was thinking about repainting both wheels with a bright orange... I might change it to neon green now... Time will tell.

Awesome look! What do you think about the quality of the plastics? I understand they aren't PU like our OEM plastics, but would like to know what your thoughts were on their quality.
Thanks!to my surprise the quality is really good. It's a bit harder/stronger than OEM.yet still flexible enough to do it's job(installing it). The mounting tabs/holes in some areas are very delicate. Takes extra time mounting them. Hope I made it clear lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not gonna lie, really glad i came across this thread. My new fairings from Auctmarts came in today and because i had to go to work I havent had a chance to even peek at them. A buddy of mine ended up getting a set a while ago for his 08 CBR1000RR and he said everything fit perfect too.

I'll definitely take my time when it comes to installing all the parts but if you know of any parts to be extra careful with (like you mentioned the rear fairing) let me know when you can!

That paint scheme you got is pretty legit though!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
few tips:
- I would recommend installing the rear fairing first.
- The "delicate" tabs I mentioned are the mid fairings meeting with the upper one.(3 tabs on each side). these might crack if tighten too hard or if theres too much pressure.
-Raim air covers are "delicate" also. make sure you mount them along with the tank cover first before putting it on the bike.

if have more questions let me know. good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hola

Awesome review.. I think I am going to get a kit from these guys! They seem to be doing good business with members of this forum.. Dig your kit man, Sh*t looks sick !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts