1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
606 Posts
hmm not bad find...only concern is the fit. Any1 have experience with these? I want the side panels so bad on my graff

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like look of the mids, lowers, rear cowl section... okay fine just about all of those carbon fiber pieces

·
Registered
606 Posts
a CF front fender for $139 seems to good to be true (quality wise i mean)
i would like to know more info about the fit and quality tho.
no problem. paypal $139 to me then i will purchase it and let u know how they are :wave:

G

·
Carbon over fiberglass maybe. The stuff the guy claims to use is $60/sq.yd. at .012" thick.

It's not that thin, and boy, does that look like painted fiberglass on the inside?

REAL my ass.

·
Premium Member
53,946 Posts
This aint real folks very obvious as always great catch D

·
Registered
83 Posts
I didn't get the side panels that was posted here, but I picked these up from another seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350117613709&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

For sure it is NOT fiberglass inside and the fitment was poor. I e-mail the seller and they are willing to issue me a refund. The clips on top of the side panel do not snag into the tank so the panels won't stay good, but if you force the top part to snag, the bottom screw up won't line up as well. So the fitment was very poor. Here are some pictures:

I am sure the seller posted in this thread uses the same material. For the price that I was paying, I don't mind having these if they fit well. If anyone would try it out, please let us know!! :toothy4:

I have a question. Are the Akrapovic side panels REAL fiberglass inside!?!?

Anyone thinking to try this seller out can still use the 25% off buy-it-now from Live.com. So $143.95 + $10 shipping - $35.99 (25% off) = $117.96~~ Anyone wanna try it out and let us know?!? :toothy4::toothy4:

·
Registered
497 Posts
the Akra panels are 100% carbon fiber, there is no fiberglass in them, they are the real deal.
Very true but the akras' are also expensive as f*ck.

G

·
Those are the largest pics. I'm damn sure they're small like that for a reason, and lacking of more pictures for other products like the 1000RR front, side skirts, and so on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.