Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,

So I picked up a set of the $100 projectors that I saw some members installing, and I was wondering if anyone had a problem with the lights shining too high. I've used the adjusters as much as I can and double checked that there was no interference with the housing anywhere, but I cant get them to aim downwards. My brother installed a set on his miata and he's running into the same problem with the lights aiming high, so we're guessing it has something to do with the projectors themselves.

Anybody experiencing this and have come up with a fix?

Thanks.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Did you trim your headlight reflectors prior to installing the HID projectors? Thats the only thing I can think of that may be causing your problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you trim your headlight reflectors prior to installing the HID projectors? Thats the only thing I can think of that may be causing your problem.
I trimmed the reflectors just like all the other write ups. With the case of my brother's miata, theyre mounted on what used to be the back side of a sealed beam headlight (only point of contact), and they still aim high.

The light at 25 feet away looks level on a wall, but once I'm moving, I can clearly see them aimed up at road signs, the bottoms of underpasses, treelines...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts