Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
i had same issue,bought a cheapy but colour was way off,ended up buying oem in the end,a cheapy might be ok in black or white maybe but my red was way off like yours

·
Registered
940 Posts
I still have a non-oem cowl sitting in my garage that never saw the light of day since the color was so horribly off what my bike's color. Thankfully it was pretty cheap, ~$35 but still a waste of money.

No, even the white is off. The pearl just did not match at all.

I rock OEM now.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
maybe the black might be ok then but who knows

·
Registered
250 Posts
How is install on one of these? Do they come ready to put right on or do you have to swap stuff over from your OEM seat? A lot of the ones I've seen on Ebay look to be basically shells with nothing underneath.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
How is install on one of these? Do they come ready to put right on or do you have to swap stuff over from your OEM seat? A lot of the ones I've seen on Ebay look to be basically shells with nothing underneath.
Not sure about the ones you have seen, but this one came ready to go, just clips straight on. Make sure the ones you look at show an underside photo so you know for sure before you buy it.

Here is a decent priced OEM link if anyone needs one (for a red bike), i just bought one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2007-2009-Red-Honda-CBR-600-CBR600-CBR600RR-OE-Rear-Passenger-Seat-Cowl-/310830269886?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item485eed85be

·
Registered
236 Posts

I ordered one from ebay and it was ready to go, I believe most all would be. Be sure to check images and product description before buying. Also didn't have a problem with paint matching because I have a black bike, which would be embarrassing to mess up :retard:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got a black bike, for $28 I might take a gamble. If the fitment is right (which yours is) and the black wound up matching I don't see an issue, it's not like it's carrying a load or anything, it's a cosmetic change. Of course that cheap the paint may fade in 6 months but that's the beauty of working at a dealership, good hook ups on paint and body work!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Check the screws as others have said, mine has come apart at highway speeds. I had the same color issues and ended up spraying it with plastidip for a cheap fix.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i have the same one, the "rubber" seat thing is wearing down and looks nasty.i think its from my backpack. ill post a pic soon. so just a heads up.

·
Registered
553 Posts
makes me glad I bought an OEM one
i bought a ebay 1, fitment is good but the red was way off. if i had a black tail ide probably buy a black $28 ebay 1 and be happy.
then i bought a OEM red 1. obvious quality difference but also 75% more money for it.

im going to use my ebay 1 to put a cam mount on it drilled through so its secure. right now its plastidipped black too.

thing that i find is the biggest waste of the OEM cowl i bought is i usually run with a small tail bag for my glasses and a clear visor and a bottle of water, when i do that i just use the seat. so only time i use the cowl is when i run with a backpack to and from work.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I felt like I needed a cold shower after paying for an OEM. However after it arrived and every subsequent time I look at the bike I know it was way worth it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i just got a black one for my 05... colour match was just fine, but i think black is an easier match... i had to adjust it a bit to get it to sit right, but hey, it was only $24!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts