Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the explosionof ebay over the last year or 2, who questions the legitimacy of all the parts that are being sold? Its just seems difficult to think that all these sellers are parting out their bikes and selling the components for low prices. Would you purchase an item even if you had a feeling it was hot?

·
Registered
592 Posts
No, I would not. There is a lot of sellers selling parts from stolen bikes on ebay. Take a good look at the seller before you commit to a purchase. Some even attempt to sell bikes that don't exist. The sellers feedback rating says alot about the person. Also, check "item location". A ligit seller will actually have a city or state listed.

·
Registered
668 Posts
+1 on what Ohio1000 says...also check to see how long that have been a member, feedback & location. I've been an ebay seller for a longtime. If you have a gutt feeling then go with it usually its not wrong.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I wouldn't go as far as not using E-Bay but I would not purchase something that I feel is questionable. Bad karma on a bike is a mofo. NOTHING shady goes on my bikes.

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
ebay is a great way to shop, I love the place. I've never lost a penny there, never had a bad experience in a LOT of transactions. Just be careful and shop smart.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think a high rating means anything other than they sell (or steal) a lot of parts. Obviously there is legit sellers on there but when you see guys parting out entire bikes and selling parts for low $ makes you wonder. Contacted a guy once who was sellling a lot of rr parts and asked if he had an upper triple clamp. Said yes and he wasn't posting it because it was scratched. When he sent me the pic, you could tell he chisseled away at the ignition switch. What a fucker!!

·
i love juggggggggzzz
7,498 Posts
butterthegreat said:
Dude...how do you sleep at night?!?!? I don't know what I would do without e-bay...I have bought 2 cars and countless other things on e-bay!!
usually i go to sleep thinking i know whatever i have ordered is going to arrive safely and brand new, and its legit.

·
Watch out Vale Xavier Alexander is coming
1,088 Posts
xxumattuxx said:
usually i go to sleep thinking i know whatever i have ordered is going to arrive safely and brand new, and its legit.
There are things you can't get brand new anymore....so used it has to be.

But all my stuff as been legit and arrived safely in a timely manner.....so I dunno where you get your ideology from....

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
There's alot of good deals on craigslist, but I don't know about using it for bike parts. It's free to list an ad there so you end up getting alot of junk or shady stuff..Ebay's good, just gotta look at the feedback..I'm sure there's alot of stolen stuff on there, but tons of people go to insurance auctions and buy the bikes then part them out. I know cause I tryed to go to those to get a bike to build for a race bike and you get all these dumbasses trying to outbid me, half the time they don't even know what kind of bike it is. On ebay, if they can't spell and their grammars all jacked up you should definitely check closely their feedback and location etc...

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Wait... there is a chance stuff on Ebay is stolen????? Ok, im never going to use it again... *NOT!!!*

rofl, ill buy stolen parts off ebay all day long. Just not a complete stolen bike, no thanks.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
I always.. i mean ALWAYS buy stuff on ebay.. my car parts and motorcycle parts and phone parts and all that stuff. i love ebay..

·
Registered
564 Posts
I buy off ebay, but only off a ebay shop, or if the person selling it is either from the UK or the USA.

Feedback is good if 100% but only if it is a seller with a lot sales, u can get 100% off just two sales can't you !

I think if u buy from someone in thailand or somewhere like that etc (no offence to these countries) u risk the chance of being tucked right up!

If it looks a bit dodgy then scroll to the next tiem, cos lets face it.... there is plenty to choose from!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I LOVE Ebay, just bought my lid and a pair of boots both excellent deals! However like everyone else has said you have to be cautious of whom you buy from. I had a friend that bought a ton of stuff for his Jeep, turned out it was all stolen, tracked down and his Jeep was taken as evidence! Good rule of thumb for Ebay, if it sounds like too good of a deal...it probably is!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Wait... there is a chance stuff on Ebay is stolen????? Ok, im never going to use it again... *NOT!!!*

rofl, ill buy stolen parts off ebay all day long. Just not a complete stolen bike, no thanks."

Well in that case you help to continue a cycle of lowlives taking other peole property. How would you feel if someone stole you bike and started selling parts on ebay? Would you buy your own parts back, no problem? :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts