Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance for a long post but I want to get peoples opinion on this:

Alright so about 8 weeks ago I laid my bike down ('08 red and black) and have been replacing parts since. I recently won the auction for a left upper cowl on eBay for $130. This seemed pretty good for the price based on the sellers description and his great feedback.

So I get the part on Monday of this week and the tabs that attach to the tank fairing are broken, glued back on (not very well), and the cracks covered with spray paint. It is now clear that the seller deliberately took pictures from angles that do not show the damage. I attached pics that I took when I received the fairing, check em out and then check out the listing on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230822598565?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648#ht_500wt_1413

The seller agreed to refund my purchase (but hasn't yet) and has refused to pay return shipping. This was his response when I requested that he pay shipping:

"There's no damage I never had a problem and remember always to ask for more info about the items and more pics before buying"

I filed a claim with eBay but they wait a week before they will even review the case. Since he has already agreed to refund my money (through eBay messages) I went ahead and shipped it back to him. I did this because I know eBay will force the refund. I have been reading eBay forums though and it looks like there is a very good chance that I will not be refunded for the $20 return shipping. So now I'm $150 deep and my money is tied up with nothing to show for it.

What do you guys think of this and his misleading eBay listing? Has anyone else been screwed on eBay? I just don't get how some people lack morals.

Attachments

·
I LOVE MY BIKE
692 Posts
That is not regular wear, even though he is refunding, I'd be hitting him with a bad rating, that is a misleading description. Not any way to sell things or run a business.

:iamwith: bad rate him simple.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Include in your claim that it cost you $20 for return shipping. If not, I think you have the option to add more details. Upload a copy of the receipt as proof.

Didn't see the whole listing through eBay mobile but some listings are labeled with something like "eBay Guarantee".

·
Registered
63 Posts
i ordered a bunch of fairings from crown moto, they were garbage so i returned them, i ate over 100 bucks in shipping cost

·
Registered
192 Posts
Crap I'm worried now. I ordered an entire fairing set on eBay last Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
192 Posts
They're new alright. In fact, they sent me an email after I ordered them explaining they needed 8-12 days to make them before they shipped them, but then marked them as shipped on eBay.

·
Registered
167 Posts
cancel if you can! Stay away from them. I order a BRAND NEW tail section and it's an absolute crap! Fit and finish is a 1 out of 5, they said my was shipping out Friday, but it actually took 6 weeks. I need to find time and take some pictures with a review on them. They're absolute crap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only way I can think of is giving the seller a bad rep. I have been buying stuff off ebay lately and all of them are good and exactly like they described. I remember though ordering a decal and it didnt stick well. It came the it was torn and messed up. I told the seller and she refunded my money. Hope all goes well in your case though! I freaking hate scammers like that. A lot of them are shady and just want money.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I went back and Terra's the reviews from the past 2-3 months on him/her. Most were good reviews and you could tell a lot of them were honest reviews, not some generic thing someone puts. A few were bad, but they were all complaining about he shipping time. Hello, the stuff comes from china. Of course it's gonna take 3-4 weeks to get there. Smh

·
Registered
87 Posts
i never buy from ebay cause im always worried about getting screwed. good luck getting your money back OP

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
thats why i never leave feedback until i install an item. only exception is when i buy another one from the same seller i will leave the feedback after i open the box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I finally got my $130 back. At least the seller refunded my money although I'm screwed out of return shipping because eBay automatically closed the case when the refund was issued.

You guys are right about checking the sellers feedback. When I first purchased I just glanced and saw 100% feedback but turns out that was the guy's second time ever selling something on eBay. You can check this by clicking the feedback score and reading under the 'feedback as seller' tab. I thought the guy was out to screw people but I'm pretty sure he is just a moron. Pretty much every word was misspelled and for some reason he does not understand how to use a period at the end of a sentence. For example:

"You have to close the case you star with eBay because of that case they held the payment you send me check with eBay and let me know because I never had this problems before and I'm not playing not games I'm not have time for this ****"

·
Registered
145 Posts
I cannot stand sellers like that, when I sell I describe the item as detailed as possible and use proper grammar. Sounds like the dude is just an incompetent member that cannot use spell check. I have dealt with quite a few as well, the threat of negative feedback usually works, but some don't care and just create a new account.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't know exactly what part you need but at $130-$150 thats a big gamble, especially on something USED. Check out Honda East Toledo because one of those side fairings are $150 shipped NEW! and thats without Paulie trying to work on the price. I'd rather pay the little extra for piece of mind.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Not all are scammers. Some are good people that make honest mistakes. I once ordered a R6 right upper but I received a left upper. I contacted him and he apologized and refunded me my money and told me to keep the upper.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts