Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
basically it's a brand new Penske 8987 with a starting bid of $699...

something just doesn't seem right, but i could be paranoid

seller has feedback of 4 and has been a member since 2005...

·
Registered
35 Posts
sounds legit, I would stay away from the ones that have 5 bikes for sale, in italy, because their brother died, for $4000 each, and want to use western union money order. Ive been looking on ebay for a while and there are so many scams. A couple good things to look for right away are rating (better than 0 is good) and if you need to be an approved bidder. Other than that, email and use your judgement.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
sum guy who moved to italy with his wife was trying to sell me his 600rr for 2700. . . and he only accepted a check.

·
Registered
539 Posts
millcityrider said:
sum guy who moved to italy with his wife was trying to sell me his 600rr for 2700. . . and he only accepted a check.
Scam!!

As far as the penske with a starting bid of $699.. its not a scam. Ive sold a few $4000+ items on ebay and I always start them at $0.99 Thats right at 99 cents. So does that make me a skam artist? No! I start it an 99 cents because it gets the attention of more buyers. They start bidding on it while the price is low and they kind of set their eyes on it untill the auction ends. I guess its human greed, cause once they bid on it they want to win it, so theyll try to outbid the other bidders. BTW ive sold two identical items, one i started at 99 cents the other i started at $4399. The one i started at 99 cents ended up selling for $4750 and the one i started at $4399 ended with only one bid at $4399. Just food for thought i guess

the only thing u need to worry about is if the guy whose selling it has 0 feedback and if he is trying to deal with you outside of ebay. I.E. hes telling you that hell end the auction early if you send him a money order or western union right away. Those are all scams. If the guy accepts paypal then its legit. those are my two rules of thumb.

however, there are always exceptions. so just use some common sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i bought my bike off ebay. you just have to read the full add...find a FEW bikes your interested and compare them over and over again. i wouldnt worry so much about user rating, i bought mine from a guy who joined ebay the day the auction started...think about it...if the person wants to get the bike or object to a lot of viewers, but has never had a need to buy or sell another on ebay why would he have an account otherwise?

the bikes with abnormally BIN$ are probably scams, but if a buy it now is around the actual value of the bike its abviously gonna be "more" legit. contact seller, ask lots of questions, request more pictures and info such as service records, carfax reports, info about their lien/title, check the VIN yourself. obviously if paypal is involved you are more protected, and if you actually buy the item through ebay you have a 20,000$ protection against fraud *so close the deal through ebay*

obviously if you start asking for more indepth info on an item and the seller stops responding or gives weird answers be weiry.

anyways i dont regret buying my bike through ebay, guy was super honest about damage *which was VERY minor* included multiple pics of the damage, views from all around the bike, offered service reports, supplied vin and his loan info so i could check them, contacted me by phone and email regularly. i had a good experience but obviously not everybody does

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
LOok...its really plain and simple when it comes to the E-Bay scams!

If the seller asks you for money through wire transfer, Western Union. Its a scam! (also, 99% of the time they are in another country feeding you some bullsh1t story)

BUT it really comes down to common fukkin sense.
Your not gonna buy a 2005-06 $10,000 motorcycle "like new" :rolleyes: for $2,800 !!!

If you send the money on one of these auctions don't come here crying and get pissed off at e-bay. Best thing you can do since your such a fukkin idiot is, steal your daddys pistol, go out to the garage, and shoot yourself for being a complete idiot!!!
This way nobody else on this planet will ever have to deal with somebody so damn stupid!

(this was not directed to anyone imparticular)

Just my 2 cents

1 - 11 of 11 Posts