Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When switching 2008 cbr600rr motorcycle’s brake pads, does the front and rear brake pads need to be the same company! So if i need to switch the brake pads and i will switch the rear brake pad to the ebc double h sintered brake pads for the rear, do i need to get the ebc double h sintered brake pads for the front or can other front brake pads be compatiable with the ebc double h sintered brake pads!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The stock pads are similar to EBC HH. You could change either the front pads or rear pads with HH pads of any company anytime with no worries. I dont think you can go wrong with any of these EBC (UK/USA), Tokiko, Nisin, and Vesrah (Japan), Brembo (Italy), Carbone Lorraine (France), Galfer (Spain)

·
Registered
119 Posts
There is no compatibility requirement for front and rear pads.

You wouldn't want to mix pads on left and right front but otherwise it doesn't matter.

Say you used sintered on front and organic on back, that may would the break feel, especially if it's different from what you're used to, but that's about it.

They're just friction agents, all will work just fine.

As a purely street rider I actually prefer organic. They wear noticeably faster but are kinder to my rotors and seem to stop smoother.

·
Registered
966 Posts
As a purely street rider I actually prefer organic. They wear noticeably faster but are kinder to my rotors and seem to stop smoother.
Dude Im still on my oem rotors at 88,000 miles inlcuding multiple track days with nothing but sintered pads. Do you really need more life then that?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dude Im still on my oem rotors at 88,000 miles inlcuding multiple track days with nothing but sintered pads. Do you really need more life then that?
Yea, you're right. I've never had a rotor needing replacement. And I measure at least once a year.

That thinking comes more from car maintenance where I've had to replace rotors at least twice that I can remember.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts