Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
Hardly shocking. His bikes were more a novelty than anything great. Made in america doesn't mean much these days.

·
Registered
862 Posts
That's a shame. Buells were fun to ride. Not the most confidence inspiring but definitely fun.

Wasn't EBR allied with Hero? How the hell did this happen?

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
He already failed several times doing almost the exact same thing...

I like Eric Buell, he sees bikes with different eyes and always tries to include something new and revolutionary in his bikes... But he doesn't seem to find the right revolutionary thing...

If he opens a new company and starts doing his "buells" again, I'm almost sure he is gonna fail again... Sad, but true...

·
Registered
108 Posts
He had great ideas but the bikes just didnt appeal to the public. The 1190 was selling for S1000RR prices. No doubt what most people would go for.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It seems that for the last 5-6 years wasn't the smartest idea to open a new business related to motorcycles and especially sportbikes. Technology is on very high level which costs a lot of money spended, prices try to keep low without a good result and sales are even worst... Just read that marzocchi, the famous suspension brand will close it's gates...
Of course pity for Eric and his bikes...

·
Registered
728 Posts
here is my shocked face

no ... not really shocked

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm surprised not by EBR (actually, I am surprised that anyone gave them such a cash infusion in the first place), but by the declaration that it's Hero who's in financial straits. They're a HUGE manufacturer in India.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts