Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Iran and North Korea are next.
Every 5 years, the US picks a target and wipe them off the face of the earth.
Boy, we sure are heroes.
Hey man we have to keep the people scared In order to maintain unlimited funding for the military-industrial complex. Because there's a lot of money in it. War is a verrrrry profitable business. Unless you're a soldier.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hey man we have to keep the people scared In order to maintain unlimited funding for the military-industrial complex. Because there's a lot of money in it. War is a verrrrry profitable business. Unless you're a soldier.
Profitable for who? This country is dead broke and owe trillions to the Chinese. The oil guys get rich, the weapons contractors get rich, the politicians get rich. All our taxes that fund education, road constructions, our riding and beer fund all go to those assholes.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
Profitable for who? This country is dead broke and owe trillions to the Chinese. The oil guys get rich, the weapons contractors get rich, the politicians get rich. All our taxes that fund education, road constructions, our riding and beer fund all go to those assholes.
I think his sarcasm flew over your head.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I wasn't being sarcastic. There is big money to be made by keeping people scared. Too many examples to list but the most obvious one is a trillion dollars wasted in Iraq. No way the US ever gets involved in that mess without the fearmongering.

But where is the fearmongering propaganda coming from? Who wants to go to war, and why?

War is very profitable for oil companies and defense contractors. For soldiers and the regular taxpayer it's a miserable drain because the costs rarely justify the expense. In the case of Iraq, the cost benefit is woefully, absurdly out of balance. Unless you're a defense contractor, in which case: $$$$$$$$

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
RAMTARD;[URL="tel:3350774" said:
3350774[/URL]]I wasn't being sarcastic. There is big money to be made by keeping people scared. Too many examples to list but the most obvious one is a trillion dollars wasted in Iraq. No way the US ever gets involved in that mess without the fearmongering.

But where is the fearmongering propaganda coming from? Who wants to go to war, and why?

War is very profitable for oil companies and defense contractors. For soldiers and the regular taxpayer it's a miserable drain because the costs rarely justify the expense. In the case of Iraq, the cost benefit is woefully, absurdly out of balance. Unless you're a defense contractor, in which case: $$$$$$$$
My remark came in the assumption that it sounded like you approved of this money grab game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts