Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I’ve just had the ecu flashed on my 2010 bike (uk) after fitting decat link pipe ,slip on and k&n filter
The parts installed are from a (US) manufacturer they also done the ecu flash after sending it by post
After fitting everything the fuel pump does not prime bike will not start everything on the cluster works
I’ve read that the US bike do not have the HISS system where as UK do so would I have to bypass the HISS in order to work (does the ecu now think it’s a US bike ?)
Now I don’t know what the f**k to do as bike was spot on before
I know I will have to ring to company on Monday and possibly send the ecu back to be reflashed or put back to stock
Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem with an ecu flash

Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Hi guys
I’ve just had the ecu flashed on my 2010 bike (uk) after fitting decat link pipe ,slip on and k&n filter
Why?

Now I don’t know what the f**k to do as bike was spot on before
Again I'll ask, why did you do it?

Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance
This is the kind of thing that happens when people do mods for the sake of mods.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't know the answer but it's probably not the flash. Exactly what was your flash supposed to change? Some logic is keeping it from priming. Are you sure everything else is plugged in? Maybe try a power on reset (disconnect/reconnect battery with it all lit up). Some controls do this reset during every normal shutdown to restore a baseline setting for next startup. If no luck, wait for additional replies. Someone here knows.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think OP is right. US flash on a EU HISS enabled ECU.

One thing you could check is to verify that you are getting 12v at the fuel pump bike side connector during the priming stage. I suspect you are not which would make sense due to your flash. If you are getting 12v, then your fuel pump is very likely to be bad.

As far as why he did it? I'm guessing it was to correct air fuel ratio due to the de-cat, slip on, and higher flowing air filter. Probably also got a little more horse power.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Confused about what this video actually says, but either EU or US ECU with HISS needs 9V, not 12V, to prime the pump. Is this Flash related or EU vs. US ECU related (or maybe both) .
https://youtu.be/unqt7Eqj-tA
First, the video you linked to is for an 03-04 and the OP has a 2010. Maybe the video's instructions for bypassing HISS might still apply, but maybe not.

Second, the fuel pump requires 12v to run, be it US or EU. I'm talking about the fuel pump, not the ECU. Maybe the HISS pin on the ECU expects 9v to flip the circuit which allows the bike to run, and fuel pump to prime with 12v to the pump.

He'll get his answer tomorrow when he calls the tuner that flashed his ECU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi fellas
First thanks for replying and the info and to THEX you made me laugh (why,why,why)I thought that myself
The reason is that the bike will be going to the track and as you know every second counts
I’ve done it this way as I had already purchased the slip on and lot of the bike shops in uk do not ecu flash they push you down the pcv route witch will only do air/fuel ratio ,I know you get additional modules but that add up to big bucks plus you get more form a flash that any piggy back mod can give
Those that do flash have certain set ups ,none that would suit my bike
Anyway spoke to the guys today after emailing my situation they said that I can post it back at no cost to me and they are pretty certain that they can get the map installed and work around the hiss system so that it will work ,they have play out the situation with a bike and ecu in the shop
(apparently)
but they are confident they can do it
So fingers crossed

Thanks again guys will keep you posted it’s about a week turnaround UK to US post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts