Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Does anybody know if the idle on a 2007 PC40 is controlled by the open or closed loop when the operating temperature is reached?

The ECU programming varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. On motorcycles most of them set the idle in the open loop, but I would like to know specifically for this bike (2007 600rr PC40 EU specs).

Thanks in advance.
Johnny

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Wibbly will know.

Maybe this is helpful?

Following is maybe not correct, but....I read it on the forum?

"ECU doesn't run OBED II programming".

also;

"ECU program is open loop, proprietary Honda coding...ECU does not adjust fuelling to keep 02 sensor happy etc....things like O2 are just "out of spec" warnings".....

HTH!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
if the bike has an o2 sensor installed, it likely uses closed loop for low rpm operation.

keep in mind that this is a narrowband o2 sensor. so it's really just a discreet input. it's either rich, lean, or stoic. so you cannot use a narrow band o2 sensor to tune to any afr besides stoic.

since stoic isn't really optimal for any normal operation, this is a low rpm and low throttle position operation.

you can just bypass the o2 sensor by telling the ECU it's always stoic, and the ecu will use its open loop fuel tables and be totally fine (probably a bit rich)

for MOST of the operation of the engine, it will be operating in open loop using the standard fuel tables in the ecu, combined with map and iat inputs.

i cannot answer your question definitively, but i can't see any good reason for the computer to not tune in closed loop for idle operations at operating temperature.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts