Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

ECU/modding

6K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnH 
#1 ·
Hello guys I just joined this forum I have a 2009 Honda CBR600RR (two brother's exhaust). There is this place 30 minutes away from my house that does ECU flash. I don't know too much about ECU flash, but the basics only. I was told from the performance shop that they would flash my ECU. In doing so that would increase 10 HP and 8 ft/lbs of torque. The guy also told me you get decel pop, increase in power, bike runs cleaner, faster, stronger and better gas mileage. I tried finding videos on YouTube of decel pops on CBR600RR, but couldn't find any. I wanted to know if anybody could share some videos of decel pop. Also I wanted to know does it also pop when accelerating or cruising and how can I make it spit flames?

Thank you!

#2 ·
Decel pop is not a good thing,if you've a good mechanic, he will usually prevent this by installing PAIR block off plates.

HP gains will be small, you need a (quality) full exhaust to get a performance boost. Tq won't change much....
Flash is not used much by forum members, I've seen a couple of posts.

Maybe a flashed bike owner will add to the info above..?

#3 ·
My bike was custom ecu flashed on the dyno. I'm running a stock air filter, two brothers slip on, mjs performance cat-delete midpipe, gutted intake. I've only ridden my bike twice since i got it flashed, but it didnt' really seem too far different than what I'm use to without the flash. it's obviously better FOR your bike IF you have the mods that'll benefit from the flash

Reactions: tary preisser
#7 ·
No no I appreciate it and I have been told from a few people that decel pop and flames coming out is bad for your bike. Explain this to me tho. How is it that some stock litre bikes can decel pop. My friend has a 2008 R1 and the only thing aftermarket is the exhaust and his decel pops. I don't mean to drift off too much, but nowadays new cars like 2019 Mercedes AMG and Porsche decel pop all stock.

#10 ·
decel pop is usually associated with lean conditions and this can cause bad things in your engine. I don't mean unburned fuel being ignited and burning with flames out the tailpipe, I mean pops and stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.