Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having problems with my '03. bike ran like a champ this weekend, went to go for a ride today and its running like complete arse...im getting MIL light flashes, and the bike feels like it is misfiring just off idle. once i have it above say 7K, the bike runs fine. before I start trying to figure out whats going on with it I want to reset the ECU. is there any procedure to doing this? on my cars you just leave the battery disconnected for an hour or so and that clears everything out. is this bike the same way? any help is greatly appreciated.

Kyle B

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
On the f4i you jump a connector. Unfurtunately I don't have the manual for the 03 600RR. Count the number of blinks and someone should be able to tell you what the code is

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome man, looks like our parents both had good taste in names:) i have the factory manual on CDROM, cant find anything in it about initializing the ECU. anyone else have any idea?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nevermind, i found it. duh.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the 'special tool' looks like a fused jumper wire to me. i have to use a similar 'tool' when i reset the SI board in my bmw. i wouldnt be surprised if thats what it is. ill try to confirm before i go fry my ECU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts