Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this is the largest protest movement in Egypt's history and some sources say it could even be the largest in the history of the world.

so far 7 people have died between clashes of pro and anti-Morsi protestors. Sentiments are only getting stronger and both sides are insistent upon their demands.

in 2012, Morsi was elected with 13 million votes. today, there are 22 million signatures demanding his resignation.

Anti-Morsi protestors are demanding his departure from gov't by 5pm Tuesday 7/2.

There is definitely something to be admired by these protestors. As these protests continue, clashes will only escalate. I want to discuss the developments of this revolution as it progresses so that we can be aware of what is happening.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I can only hope Morsi steps down; and for a true leader, one with a conscience, to take over, end the current plummeting into decadence and start the climb back into prosperity. Many of the protestor organizers demanded that all those who are going to partake in these protests to be as peaceful as possible.....there is no room for violence, nor can the country take it any more. Unfortunately the players in the shadows can always find ways to start small fires throughout, which can result in the death of the innocent and into a downward spiral of secession and upheaval.

I mentioned this in the office monkey thread but just to let others know;
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" The Dark Knight.
This quote cannot be more accurate about the MB (Muslim Brotherhood) and its plans for Egypt.
The MB vision and mission cannot be more in opposition with the tenets and fundamental priniciples of Islam. They are a political entity with a long history and many branches worldwide; their agenda is one of corruption and domination.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can only hope Morsi steps down; and for a true leader, one with a conscience, to take over, end the current plummeting into decadence and start the climb back into prosperity. Many of the protestor organizers demanded that all those who are going to partake in these protests to be as peaceful as possible.....there is no room for violence, nor can the country take it any more. Unfortunately the players in the shadows can always find ways to start small fires throughout, which can result in the death of the innocent and into a downward spiral of secession and upheaval.

I mentioned this in the office monkey thread but just to let others know;
"Some men just want to watch the world burn" The Dark Knight.
This quote cannot be more accurate about the MB (Muslim Brotherhood) and its plans for Egypt.
The MB vision and mission cannot be more in opposition with the tenets and fundamental priniciples of Islam. They are a political entity with a long history and many branches worldwide; their agenda is one of corruption and domination.
I hope the protests remain peaceful as well. There was the shot gun shootings and malotov cockatails throwing at gov't offices, but like you said there's always small players trying to spark mass violence.

In my ignorant view, i simply do not see Morsi stepping down tomorrow evening, although i hope he does. not to be pessimistic, but i think violence is inevitable. the pro-Morsi protestors are already making threats to the anti-Morsi protestors. If Morsi doesnt step down, i don't know how long the anti-Morsi protestors can remain peaceful and effectively bring about real change.

Its been reported that Morsi isn't even in the country right now? he's been issuing statements how he recognizes his flaws and will do better. i think these are false promises that the protestors will not tolerate and be offended by. I dont see peace lasting if Morsi doesnt step down this week.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I hope the protests remain peaceful as well. There was the shot gun shootings and malotov cockatails throwing at gov't offices, but like you said there's always small players trying to spark mass violence.

In my ignorant view, i simply do not see Morsi stepping down tomorrow evening, although i hope he does. not to be pessimistic, but i think violence is inevitable. the pro-Morsi protestors are already making threats to the anti-Morsi protestors. If Morsi doesnt step down, i don't know how long the anti-Morsi protestors can remain peaceful and effectively bring about real change.

Its been reported that Morsi isn't even in the country right now? he's been issuing statements how he recognizes his flaws and will do better. i think these are false promises that the protestors will not tolerate and be offended by. I dont see peace lasting if Morsi doesnt step down this week.
I agree with everything you said. I don't see him stepping down, the MB won't abdicate power that easily, they could care less about what happens to the protestors let alone the country. Everything he said is just a tactic he is using to buy himself and the MB more time.
With such huge numbers on the street, there is bound to be violence....I hope to God no one else loses their lives.....

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with everything you said. I don't see him stepping down, the MB won't abdicate power that easily, they could care less about what happens to the protestors let alone the country. Everything he said is just a tactic he is using to buy himself and the MB more time.
With such huge numbers on the street, there is bound to be violence....I hope to God no one else loses their lives.....
I'm going to be praying over this situation and hope for the same thing. however, there is a sacrifice to pay for freedom. I hope that the sacrifice is not in vain.

we'll have to meet back up in here on Wednesday and see what happens after 5p.m. tomorrow. Its honestly, pretty scary stuff. You Egyptians are brave people.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
We are a nation of 7K history which have been invaded by the strongest armies in the world but we the people will never ever be ruled by dictatorship any more . It's the Egyptian's against MB & not just a president & his government the MB thought they can form a triangle of powers with its corners formed in Syria , Egypt , Turkey then slowly but surely take over other countries in the region .

Guess what MB you might over come other nations & their people but we the Egyptians will not be over ruled by a bunch of thugs who are deceiving the world into believing this is what being a Muslim is all about & guess what the world might be buying their Messages we the Egyptians world wide ain't buying your crap you got 48 hours to pack your bags and leave in peace you are leaving one way or the other no one is leaving the public squares

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We are a nation of 7K history which have been invaded by the strongest armies in the world but we the people will never ever be ruled by dictatorship any more . It's the Egyptian's against MB & not just a president & his government the MB thought they can form a triangle of powers with its corners formed in Syria , Egypt , Turkey then slowly but surely take over other countries in the region .

Guess what MB you might over come other nations & their people but we the Egyptians will not be over ruled by a bunch of thugs who are deceiving the world into believing this is what being a Muslim is all about & guess what the world might be buying their Messages we the Egyptians world wide ain't buying your crap you got 48 hours to pack your bags and leave in peace you are leaving one way or the other no one is leaving the public squares
I absolutely love it Moe. I KNOW that this is the exact same mentality as all those on the streets.

I can vouch that it really is the Egyptians world wide. I know that the Egyptians here in Greece were protesting at the Egyptian embassy today and i bet it will continue. I know that all around the world the Egyptians are protesting at their embassies.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It wont hapoen.in america because your too lazy and love the confurt of the system. The same system that divdes you into rep or dem. The system that has eroded your rights and liberties.. The system that has made the wealthy more wealthy and powerful while destroying the middle class and turning your political system into a bidding contest for the corperations and bankers. To destroy this system there will be disorder cause the powers that be wont give up easy..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wont happen. we are too divided.
It wont hapoen.in america because your too lazy and love the confurt of the system. The same system that divdes you into rep or dem. The system that has eroded your rights and liberties.. The system that has made the wealthy more wealthy and powerful while destroying the middle class and turning your political system into a bidding contest for the corperations and bankers. To destroy this system there will be disorder cause the powers that be wont give up easy..

i've created a thread for this. this is off topic. the thread is in the section called USA 2013 = USA 1786

Mods, i dont know if you could move these or not...

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Across the Globe right now Egyptians are gathering up showing their support , true colors just like MB are showing their true colors they had a year in power and what have they accomplished not a dam thing . They would have remained in jails if it was not for Hamas , Hezoballah & El Qasam Brigade that freed Morsi and all the heads of MB from the prisons in addition to thousands and thousands of criminals into the streets of the country

why do you think Morsi sent his prime minister to Gaza simply to thank them for what they have done when you have a so called president that have 16 high ranked offices and border patrol personnel killed right as they were praying El Magreb prayer during the holly month of Ramadan and you do not do a dam thing about it looking for those responsible he knew how done that act of terrorism yet did not act upon it and that is just one incident

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
WE WANT DEMOCRACY!!

then we vote for a hard line islamist

then we bitch about him being a hard line islamist.

Can we give them Obama?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
WE WANT DEMOCRACY!!

then we vote for a hard line islamist

then we bitch about him being a hard line islamist.

Can we give them Obama?
The 85 million did not vote for that idiot they claim that idiot won 51% of those votes ( forgery ) big time and even if what you stated is true after one year at the job the idiot and his government staff suck ass the citizens of that nation do not want him any more and wont leave the squares across the country until he packs his bags him and his goons

·
Registered
95 Posts
So your saying that in democracy you vote in a dictator and when his promises don't follow through you can't kick him out... Its their every right to go against the government they voted in which was probably a fraud anyways..

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
So your saying that in democracy you vote in a dictator and when his promises don't follow through you can't kick him out... Its their every right to go against the government they voted in which was probably a fraud anyways..

Absolutely, but its not just in a democracy. Ideologically the right to revolution is consider one of the natural laws of man.

It was this right that was exercised when the Declaration of Independence was written. Without this right, there would be no America, free of British rule as we know it today.

When a government fails to act in the best interest of the people, the people have a right to remove that government.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
That part of the DOI you're referring to is a concept called individual rights, which originally came from John Locke, an economist, he wrote the "wealth of nations" which is worth the read. The problems the US repeatedly faces stems from the issue of elected officials having control over the election process, the only western that allows that I should add. And just as Romney lost in 08 with the majority vote so too did Gore back in 2000. The fact that it went to the Supreme Court set a precedent for future cases that judges refer to, common law, based on the practice of jurisprudence. Nevertheless, don't confuse laziness with disorganization.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts