Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the amazing opportunity to ride the incredible Circuit of the Americas on Sept 6. The place is just ridiculous! Everybody should put riding that place on your bucket list as it is the best track in america and maybe the world imo!

I'm still waiting on my picture order to come through, that's why i have been holding off on starting this tread. But here is a watermark version and i will post some others at a later date.

And here is a highlight video i put together

Let me know what you think!

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Fantastic shot wow video footage sure was brilliant as well lucky you :fiddy:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Definitely a bucket list item. Looks amazing!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fantastic shot wow video footage sure was brilliant as well lucky you :fiddy:
Thanks! I had an absolute blast down there in Austin!

Dave Wonders and RideSmart do a great job there. That's a fantastic pic.
Thanks!

Dave, randy, and the crew did a fantastic job! Props to them! The riders contributed nicely on saturday with only 4 on track incidents (if i am not mistaken). All the wrecks were in the advanced group, so much for us "experienced" guys i guess, lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Nice one. I can't lie, I'm very jealous.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do you even lean bro? :crackup: Very nice shot right there. Next time they do a track day there I need to start planning/saving earlier.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Being chased by a 65k dollar ducati superleggera

Stuffing a fellow 600rr, we talked after the session, he was going really good and i have a new friend to play with at the track

Vid of the fun we had! Both of us made a few mistakes but we stayed relatively close for a while.

Maxing out the lean angle, couple other really good buddies in this pic but notice they are on 1k's, i couldnt hang on the straights

The blind downhill left hander, turn 10, with the tower in the background

Checking out a friend's 2013 zx10, these bikes are BAAAAAD! Shortened last session, i did an out lap, one full lap, then the checkers came out, that one lap on his bike was a second faster than my fastest lap on my bike

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you even lean bro? :crackup: Very nice shot right there. Next time they do a track day there I need to start planning/saving earlier.
Start saving now!!! lol! You won't be sorry!

From what i hear we will be back again next year at least once

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
I am honored as well to add you to the collection

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
You look good out there. Great apexes. Seemed like you were lacking a little on the drives?

Also, passed looked clean as ****. I don't know how much. Cleaner a pass can get. Door was open for daaaaaaays.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You look good out there. Great apexes. Seemed like you were lacking a little on the drives?

Also, passed looked clean as ****. I don't know how much. Cleaner a pass can get. Door was open for daaaaaaays.
Thanks!

I do need to improve my drive. Camera bike when following me is a 1k so it might look like he gains on me pretty easy. I am running the 200 Pirelli sc2 slick in the rear, maybe a little heavy but it offers great traction! This is my first go on the pirelli's, will probably try the 180 rear next. I try to carry a lot of corner speed but do find sometimes that i have to wait on full throttle otherwise would run wide. Maybe need to apex sharper at times for a stronger drive out.

That last pass on the beemer was clean??? I know the door was open but i came in late and stood him up pretty good and missed my apex a little bit, felt kinda dirty to me. Kinda rough for a trackday pass, lol

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Killing it while wearing the Scorp ladies helmet
Haha! Well, my helmet is comfortable on the street but on the track it is just a little too big, keeps falling down into my eyes when looking through the turns.

I wore my wife's helmet one day just to see if the smaller size would fix the problem, i was kinda embarresed and all my buddies gave me heck about it . . . Here we are a year later and i just keep putting it on cause it's free and it's there, lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts