Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anybody know how to replace starter in '03 cbr 600rr? According to repair manual you have to replace throttle body and thermostat to remove starter. Is that right?
By the way my cbr doesn't start when hot, I think it's got to be starter.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Remove the starter wire from the starter, remove the ground wire from the starter and remove the 2 bolts that hold it in place, pull it out and put in the new one back in.

It's tight but you don't have to remove anything to get to it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the starter wire from the starter, remove the ground wire from the starter and remove the 2 bolts that hold it in place, pull it out and put in the new one back in.

It's tight but you don't have to remove anything to get to it.
Do I have to drain coolant (the hoses pretty much blocking the way)?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Removing the throttle bodies will make it easier to get at, but more work. If your coolant hoses are making life to difficult just remove them and refill the system later, it's not hard to do.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Before you replace the starter make sure the problem isn't your battery. You need a 190 CCA (cold cranking amps) battery to handle hot starts reliably. Many of the cheaper aftermarket batteries don't have enough oomph to turn over the engine when it's hot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Before you replace the starter make sure the problem isn't your battery. You need a 190 CCA (cold cranking amps) battery to handle hot starts reliably. Many of the cheaper aftermarket batteries don't have enough oomph to turn over the engine when it's hot.
I just replace r/r and battery, and everything was working good for couple months, now bike doesn't start when hot again

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
I just replace r/r and battery, and everything was working good for couple months, now bike doesn't start when hot again
Probably the starter then, it should just need a good clean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot guys, I'll try to clean it and change the brushes, hopefully that will help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts