Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4083/

"The Symetron motor is 8 inches long by 12.5 inches in diameter and weighs just 67 Kg." (67kg. = 140Lbs.)

"In each test run more than 420 ft-lbs of torque was measured for a minimum duration of 60 seconds."

With electric motors the torque is instant, no waiting for RMPs, PLUS programable throttle curves.

Also, no need for a rear brake, computerized motor braking.

Just waiting on Lithium Polymer battery tecnology to catch up.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Even if electric motorcycles were faster and more powerful, I really think I would miss the loud noise of gasoline being burned and forced out a small tube :(

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Oh and on topic :) A letric would be cool but I could not give up the gas version to get it. Both would be ok. It will be interesting to see where we will be 5-10 years from now. It will allow a lot of creativity in design too. Thanks for the site.

C

·
0 Posts
Good site....I'm always interested to see whats on the horizon.

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Thanks for the link.. interesting reads....

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
when they take braking and throttle/traction control out of my wrist, I think I may quit riding. I trust me controlling a spinning tire way more than a computer that thinks 'you need more brake, applying now' And personally, my racing style is to slide it all over the place, both into and out of a corner, so I don't think electronics are going to help me do anything cept crash being that its already a delicate edge to be a slide it rider anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'd definitely get a 600EP if Honda made one.
The electric motors are instantaneous.
ever flick a switch a small motor with a fan on it, and it goes like 3000 rpms?
that time is in the milliseconds.
with a gas motor, you have to wait for combustion, and that's not as fast as the speed of electricity.
If the bike was charged by a hydrogen fuel cell, i'd definitely get it right now if they sold em down the street, if they do have a hydrogen pump at the ol' Shell station.
Just imagine: 0 emmisions, low noise, cheaper to run and maintain (there is only a motor with maybe 3 parts.. no cams, pistons, etc..) faster acceleraton, easier to ride (no gearbox means no shifting, unless you put a gearbox in), charge it at your home or work.. maybe takes 3-4 hours to fully charge it, and gets more range than a gas motor. avoid gas stations, so you don't smell like gasoline..
And you guys would still sacrifice all that just to hear the exhuast of a gas motor?
why not just get a speaker on the back of it, playing an MP3 of a really loud bike exhaust? (just kidding)
what do you guys think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts