Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some serious issue with my 2007 CBR600rr. I am having all kinds of issues while running, during ignition etc. Here are the symptoms.

1st Symptom -The bike does a complete computer reset - So its running and suddenly its stops everything cuts off, so i hit the ignition and start it up again, but when I look at the instrument cluster - all the miles(A&B) and the time(now showing 12:00) is reset. This initially used to happen when I come to a stop, but recently while riding as well which is obviously unnerving. btw its done this 4-5 times in 2 weeks now.

2nd Symptom - I run the bike a little then come to a stop in my neighborhood shut it off visit a neighbor for a few min(less then 2-3 min). Then put the keys back in the lights come on but when i hit the ignition - nothing happens. So roll it back home and try starting again. Nothing. So I let it sit overnight. Try to start it in the morning - Starts up like nothing happened.

3rd Symptom - Now this is the worst symptom. While riding the bike totally shuts/cuts off while riding. When I mean totally i mean all lights, engine everything cuts off during riding. So while on the side of the road I play with the ignition key 2-3 times and everything starts up like nothing happened. The lights come back up and I can start it up just fine.

So can you help me troubleshoot this issue? I had several thoughts. Can this be battery? or is it ground wire/grounding issue? A short circuit that is causing this? or worse a Stator issue. I dont know...where do i start troubleshooting..please help? TIA.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Check your battery connections.
Check your battery "load test it to make sure a cell isn't failing"
Check connection at the key and the run/stop switch on the bike.
Remove/clean/inspect the run/stop switch internally to make sure it's not getting a bad connection.

The clock resetting is a sign of a bad battery or a loose battery terminal connection.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree. Seems to be battery related for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check your battery connections.
Check your battery "load test it to make sure a cell isn't failing"
Check connection at the key and the run/stop switch on the bike.
Remove/clean/inspect the run/stop switch internally to make sure it's not getting a bad connection.

The clock resetting is a sign of a bad battery or a loose battery terminal connection.
My first inclination is to check the battery and battery connections. How do i check a battery under load? And or know if the battery is going bad?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Take it to autoparts store. They can test it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I opened up the seat and checked out the battery. I think the culprit was a lose + terminal cable. I tightened it up and everything seems to work fine. Thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts