1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off the Bike:

Its a 2007 600rr, with just over 6000 miles

The Problem:

About a week ago, I started the bike and was riding out of a parking lot and when i looked down I noticed the Heads up display was not reading anything!

After getting it home it messed with the fuses and it worked!! after riding for a bit it happened again, this time i switched all the fuses in the box. This solved it for a few days but not the fuse for the Heads up display keeps blowing...

However, when the display isnt working my blinker indicators, hi beam indicators, my actually headlights and hi beams, and all blinkers are still functioning properly, so its only the display.

Anyone have any experince with this or know where i can start? I am new to CBR's and also not great with electrics although I know enough to fix it once i know what the problem is.

All the help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds like you need to take a careful look at the cable going to the gauge cluster and back under the tank. You must have a spot where the insulation has rubbed through and it's shorting to ground.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check the wiring from the gauges to the fuse box and down to the tail light, particularly around the tail light if it has been modified.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts