Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have been having problems with a week battery and non starts so recently I took my battery out and put it on a charger then I put it back in my bike after a couple hours but I put the polarity wrong I tried to start it nothing happened I didn’t notice that I put it wrong for a wile so I put one of those booster packs on it because I was eager to lean into some corners I put the booster pack in with the right polarity for the bike but the wrong polarity for the battery it still didn’t do anything so I finally noticed that the polarity was wrong so I switched it back and now nothing turns on not even the clock I checked all the fuses and they are all ok except there’s this black thing in the fuse box that isn’t see true it has 3 prongs dose any one know what it is? and dose any one know what could be wrong with my bike? or if I fried my computer? Please help me I don’t know much about sport bike electrical stuff and I don’t want to take it to a repair guy cause this is embarrassing.

Thank You

Ben

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Did you check you blinker fluid too? lol

Try checking the 30amp fuse under the seat since you said the tach or the clock isn't coming up.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
On my '82 Katana I put a different battery in not noticing the posts were opposite. When it started to boil I noticed the problem. Unfortunately doing that smoked my regulator/rectifier. Might be the problem you are having. Check all your fuses. Check your credit limit too cause you are probably going to be spending some money fixing it if its not something simple like a fuse.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
you might have got lucky if the main 30 amp fuse is toast ie the fuse saved your rectifier/ regulator if the fuse is ok then your rectifier / regulator got fried so do some checking and let us know the results good luck

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
moeman said:
you might have got lucky if the main 30 amp fuse is toast ie the fuse saved your rectifier/ regulator if the fuse is ok then your rectifier / regulator got fried so do some checking and let us know the results good luck
i doubt it got the R/R, but anything is possible. make sure you checked the main 30 amp fuse. if you have the owners manual it is on page 198, it is under the seat... behind the battery, near the + terminal.. you cannot miss the assembly.. there is a main fuse and a spare 30 amp just above it...

let us know what you find out.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
seen it happen before but as you know MR WATTS electrical currents move in mysterious ways and evrey situation is different

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
quick question part A & B and not trying to be a smart ass
how many times you scratch your head wondering what gives ?
or who caused what and how ?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
thanks MR WATTS my brother who is an electrial engineer
would say the exact same words even though he works and lives
in EGYPT

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That was the first fuse I checked and it is fine so this means something else is fried dose any one got any other tips? I really appreciate them I’m thinking maybe I just wrecked my battery because my battery was really weak it was les than ¼ charged according to my charger the booster pack had the right polarity for the bike it was only wrong for the battery and the battery was really weak the only thing wrong was the battery had the wrong polarity for the bike but it was really weak but it should have started with the booster pack once I had corrected the problem but nothing happened dose anyone know if a battery could be the problem ? Or dose this mean that the rectifier / regulator
Got fried ? Thanks A lot for all your help everyone.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Ceph said:
definately put a new battery in it. if you put the booster pack on with the polarity backwards, it's prolly toast.
yup man thats what i'm thinking....gl with that trouble shooting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks a lot man its for sure the battery though right? Batteries are like $100 do you know how I can test it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks a lot for all your help everyone I really appreciate it this is a huge load off my shoulders.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts