Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 600rr with about 10k miles on it. I have never had a single problem with it untill now. I was just riding down the road looked down to check my speed and my dash was blank. Looked just like how the dash looks when your bike is off, the clock was on and nothing else. So pulled over got off my bike and noticed my lights both highbeam and running light were not on either. So I went home check all my fuses followed all the wires to the dash and headlights the best i could and did not see anything worng with them. Anyone got any ideas? Also the bike starts and runs fine just no power to the dash or lights, also the turn signals work for some reason.

·
Registered
327 Posts
The fuse was ok? Double check the fuse, sometimes its hard to tell if they have blown. If it is intact then you have a loose connection somewhere (check the connection under the fuse), if it is blown, you have a short (you would have to trace the wires back and run some tests with a multimeter). Either way, a multimeter will help you solve this quickly if you know how to use it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure i checked the fuses well, but like you said sometimes they can be hard to tell if there blown so ill check again. Also did not go over the wires with a multimeter but I did check the connections and all seemed good. I am out of the country for two weeks but when I get back I will be sure to recheck the fuses.

THanks, and if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know.

·
Registered
173 Posts
check connection at cluster unit or dcope17 says .. could be a ground issue . if that dont work , u might have bad cluster unit failing internally

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having a similar issue except when I put on my brake light my dash comes back to life. So if I ride Chinese with my brake light on all the time then I have dash. I have not done anything beyond research on the forum at this point. I use the bike everyday for work, I am a courier, so down time is crucial.

I also have the common 2003 rr issue of battery acting like it is dead sometimes when the bike is hot. I've replaced the battery and plan on repositioning the reg/rec when I get time. I think that will solve that issue.

My real question is do I have 2 separate problems? Are they connected somehow?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.