Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im working on a little electric mod for the bike, and since i dont have my battery in my bike at moment i cant test couple things out... My question is, does anyone know if the BL/R wire going into the relay that gives power to the high beam light has a constant 12V even when the ignition is in the off position... I was following the wiring diagram and it looks like i should be able to hook off of it.

If not, does anyone know a diff location that i can get 12V with the key in off position?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nm i think i found a spot that will work,
haha and no... I ordered 100 Leds off ebay for $.99 so i though of putting in some leds in the right headlight so it looks like its "on" when its in lowbeam mode... And maybe add different glow to the cluster display....

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
stryker1080 said:
Nm i think i found a spot that will work,
haha and no... I ordered 100 Leds off ebay for $.99 so i though of putting in some leds in the right headlight so it looks like its "on" when its in lowbeam mode... And maybe add different glow to the cluster display....
You mean like this?

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58446

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ceph said:
putting them on their own toggle switch is prolly a pretty good idea. most LEO's frown upon aftermarket lighting mods. would be nice to turn them off.
yea but some LEO's also think that there is a headlight out because of the dedicated high beam. i think this is a good idea.

·
I Am a Ticket Magnet
1,879 Posts
if you want it just so it doesn't look like you head light is out then hook it to your low beam wires. then they come on when your low beam is on.... no need for a constant. for that mod unless you are going to hook it to a switch and turn it off all the time when you leave you bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts