Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

electronic helmet visor

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  09600Rr@1500 
#1 ·
a friend of mine was telling me about a electronic visor that can switch from smoked to clear.

i have seen similar idea on airplane windows, they have a lcd i think in between them.

any one know if they are for sale?

also he said he saw one that has daemon eyes on it that are leds, ever see?

#2 ·
Sounds expensive but it's a pretty cool idea. Know what brand helmet he has?

#5 ·
I can't see the 'youtube', I'm at work but the webikeworld one is a different technology than the what the OP was talking about (I believe).

Photochromic is reactive to light (similar to what people have in their eyeglasses). Personally, I don't like my photochromic glasses because they take too long to shift and they don't work inside cars. But for a bike helmet this wouldn't be an issue.

I think the OP was talking about Smart Glass. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_glass). The only problem I see for using this technology on a helmet would be the power source. You would need a rechargeable battery or have it hard wired to the bike.

#8 ·
The only problem I see for using this technology on a helmet would be the power source. You would need a rechargeable battery or have it hard wired to the bike.
FTA,
The electrochromic visors will be powered by the A.C.S.A.S. "M5 Switchblade" power system, which was described in the webBikeWorld reviews of the AFX FX-11 Lightforce helmet, where it's used to power the built-in fan and LED light and also in the Shoei Syncrotec Police Helmet, where the system is used to power an LED light.

#6 ·
Works with a switch. I would guess it has a power supply built into it. T

#7 ·
Forget Photochromic, I want a HUD in my helmet, gear indicator and MPH in the upper left and right corners.

Reactions: JohnH
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.