Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious...would you guys ever consider selling your bike if it was the best means (largest "expendable" asset) to acquire an engagement ring for the other love of your life? I'd be curious to hear the reasons, hear stories of those who did, and general thoughts on the matter.

I should add I am not considering doing this but I do find it an intriguing topic.

:fiddy: vs. :love10:

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
I was going to comment, but it just made me angry.

Anyway, I was in the same position, but I sold some of my stuff to buy a ring. A few days before I went to pick it up and propose she left me for some guy at her work that turned out to not even like her :tard:. Keep the bike.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've quit a very good and stable job to be with the one I married. I did sell my 1997 F3 to help with the wedding costs.

I now have a new job, a wife and two beautiful little girls. I also have a 2006 600rr.

Love will make you do crazy things, just make sure it's with the right person.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Some view engagement rings are a symbol of commitment. The more you spend on one, the more you are committed to the relationship. But, I think there are better ways of showing commitment to your lover than a ring. If I met a girl that made me want to sell my bike for a ring, I sure hope my friends would pull a Saving Silverman on my ass.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would hope most of us would understand true love versus, and object that we have a passion for. In any case, if I knew that was the lady I was going to marry and love for the rest of my life, in which I have a good paying job, and have plenty of "fun funds" I would sell my bike to help pay for a ring/wedding. However I would hope all of us would re-think our ideas over and over before making a final decision as stated previously women can be "false" and leave us at the blink of an eye.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dang...some quick feedback...hitting myself for missing that box for the poll option, haha...keep 'em coming!

:banghead:

I personally agree with what someone said above about your significant other NOT wanting you to sell the bike because it is something that makes you happy.

:dancing:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Me personally, I wouldn't sell it but I would go to a store like Helzberg get a 12 months no payments and interest . Then pay it off before the 12 months or use your next year income tax on.

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts
Divorce is 50 percent or something like that ........ keep the bike

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
When me and my wife first got married we didnt have money. I think we spent around $300.00 clams for both our rings. Another $300.00 for our wedding! Rings are meant as a symbol not a status.
I agree that you want the best for her, but if you guys love each other I'm sure she'll understand. Mine sure did, and we've been married for 7 years this May.
Do what you can afford because it's the meaning of the ring that matters not the size. later on when you can afford it, do it. I did. Sure it cost me a couple of firefights =)(deployments) to afford it, but its nice to be able to splurge on your significant other.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I know that the girl I plan on marrying would NEVER let me sell my bike to get her a ring. She knows what I love to do and would never ask me to sacrifice that just for her. It's amazing that I have a wonderful girl that understands, therefore I make it a point to make sacrifices on my own for her. It's really up to you. Ask yourself .. . What's more important? Which one makes you more happy?

·
HONDAholic
916 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I would not do it... our original 'bands' were only a few hundred - for BOTH. We've now been married over 17 years... We both ride by the way - both have cbr's...

·
Registered
268 Posts
I with everyone who says if she loves you, she will know the bike is staying. If she doesn't then somethings got to go. Plus every argument you have will end with, "I can't believe I sold my bike for this ****."

1 - 20 of 73 Posts