Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I think my clutch pack is in need of replacement. I'm noticing significant engine braking when I should notice almost zero with the Yoyo Slipper.

Question: Is there a Clutch pack and Springs that I can buy...that will allow more Slippage for the Yoyo? Right now I'm on OEM clutch plates and springs.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Talk to Brad ( lexusrx ) www.superbikesupply.com he got a wealth of track knowledge & offers fast shipping , great reasonable prices & simply a pleasure to chat with

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
You are severely misunderstanding what a slipper clutch does. It will NEVER EVER EVER freewheel. It's physically impossible. The slipper requires friction from the stack in order to slip. It is the bite from the clutch that causes it to disengage slightly. You actually require a substantial amount of backtorque for the slipper to operate at all.

What you describe is typical operation

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are severely misunderstanding what a slipper clutch does. It will NEVER EVER EVER freewheel. It's physically impossible. The slipper requires friction from the stack in order to slip. It is the bite from the clutch that causes it to disengage slightly. You actually require a substantial amount of backtorque for the slipper to operate at all.

What you describe is typical operation
You bring up a good point. :shakehand

Let me describe my problem. I close the throttle smoothly an at 0% throttle there's enough force to actually throw my bodyweight forward on the bike without any brakes applied.

This does not occur when the bike is in neutral.

However, I've always wanted the Slipper to "slip" sooner if I'm saying that right. So I would like to decrease the amount of backtorque required to get the slipper to operate.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,907 Posts
I've had some very slippery slippers in the past and being off throttle alone will never make them slip, you have to engage the clutch quickly on a non-rev matched downshift for it to slip.

You have to remember that the slip action is working against your clutch springs which are critical in keeping the clutch positively engaged under power. With the yoyo for our bikes you're basically stuck with it the way it is. Your only option would be to install softer clutch springs, but that may compromise the engagement of the clutch during hard acceleration

I should add that the yoyo for the 600rr is quite 'slippery' vs other models

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you know a company that offers lighter clutch springs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts