Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Impreza The Impressive
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off my engine cover to get it poweder coated. I already have put it back on and when i turn on my bike, I can hear sounds (loud) coming from it like something wasn't put in correctly. Stuttering sounds like it's not rotating correctly(lagging sounds). I changed my oil and added a little more, still does nothing. I havn't rode it yet because it's cold out. I have put it in first gear and rode it up my drive way into my garage that it. I did shift it up and down and it seems fine. it's just that i dont know if it's suppose to be as loud. Is this normal or am i overreacting like i always do? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dude Im having the same problem it only does it around 5k rpms like something is about to fall apart in there. Everyhing is fine no power loss and gears go in good it started really low and just recently it has gotten horribly loud. This mechanic is checking it tommorrow ill let you now what he finds out.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
^^ Clutch side IS right side cover.

Take it apart just to double check everything is in its place.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i had the same thing.. took it to the dealership and they replaced the Cam chain tensioner, it sound almost like a clicking or a ratteling like some thing was loose in the engine.it didnt start to happen till around 4k RPMs and then went away at idle. my bike came with a warrenty so it was free but i think they quoted me like $240 or something.

·
Impreza The Impressive
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually you know what, it was just that the GAS TANK was low on GAS!!!! That's why it made loud noises. I don't know about you guys but my problem was fixed when i got more gas in it. Are you guys having these problems with a full gas tank?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts