Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I 1st got my bike it had a 2 bros slip on and the rest stock... so when I would get around 12 grand my bike would cut out for a sec and red light would come on and then kick back in.... so I got a power commander 3 and got it mapped by honda and it would still cut out.. then I got a hamaguchi exhaust and a K&N air filter and got mapped by some and still cut out... so I took it to a guy who "says" hes a X race mech and I realized hes a dinosaur int this game cuz he told me PC3 suck and to take it off my bike.. soo I he disconnected it and dynoed it till 12 grand and still cuts out.. so he told me it was ECU that was bad .. soo I got a new one and thats not it.. I have no idea what it could be so if anyone as an idea place lemme know cuz Im at a loss and I dont wanna dump abuncha money in trouble shooting!!!!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
i remember that my bike did something like this. is the red light that youi are talking about the oil light.thats what it was on my bike and i just had to add a little bit of oil. try that and i hope that this helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O man I wish that was ... I just did an oil change and it has been doing it for sometime.. thanks for the input cuz Im guna check again!!!

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
A couple of things here. Your MIL lamp is used for both your oil light warning AND your EFI warning. My hunch is you have a low fuel pressure problem. Have your mechanic put it back on the dyno and check the fuel pressure and A/F ratio (read before the CAT) at 12K rpm. Chances are he'll find the bike is running too lean due to low fuel pressure. You need 50psi.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
^^ yes yes +1 check that fuel press. could easily be a bad fuel press. reg.? crack in fuel rail sum where? dirty injectors? clogged fuel filter, line or pump? etc ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot for the info!!!!!!! I can ride but I cant fix!!!lol care out there people cant drive!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol sorry Redride I havent gotten back... I wam takeing into the shop saturday cuz i have to get my PC3 mapped and it all fixed up so when I get it abck later on in the wekk ill let you know....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya redrider.. I found the problem, I was my alarm that was connected to a fuel wire. When the guy connected it I guess he was wrong and it made the fuel loose psi @ 12,000rpms. I havent riden it yet cuz its in the shop gettin a custom map.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Good to know! Let me know how the map turns out. It should be a whole nother animal when you get her back! Enjoy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Red .. Yeah I got my bike back and your rite, my bike is much better.. way more power and smoother!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts