·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Year: 2007
Exhaust: stock
Mileage: 10800km
Last service: 6000km 6months ago

Problem: I was riding along during the middle of the night about 5 mins into my ride. Outside, it's about 10 degrees Celsius.
I was turning into a corner on 2nd gear and the engine just cut out.
I pull it to the side and try to restart it.... nothing.
Double checked everything: stand is up, gear is in neutral, engine cut-off switch is not flicked on. Still nothing. Just the ignition sound.

Engine Temp was around 76 degrees Celsius.

So I switched off everything, took the key out, and tried everything from the beginning.
This time I noticed that the red light to indicate the fuel injection system is off.
So I switched the key off then on again, still nothing.
Did it again, the red light comes on, but still can't start the motor.

This trying and re-trying occurs for a good 2mins, sometimes the fuel injector light goes on, sometimes it's not there. Keep doing this until it eventually starts again.

One thing I did notice. When I started the engine the first time, it was having difficulties. Can't remember if the fuel injector light was on or not.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Check your battery connections mate...

It may also be worth taking the bike down and seeing if there is anything stored in the ecu's memory to help narrow down what may have caused your problem...

Could be the cam pulse generator, ignition pulse generator, any of the primary or secondary injectors...

Still living in melbourne?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mate still in Melbourne,
Some decent roads about.

I'll be sure to give the bike a check.
This morning, she started up fine, so I'm a bit perplexed.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
In the 4 months that I lived in Melbourne, I put about 20,000k on my (now deceased - blown donk) 91 CBR250RR going up and down Arthurs Seat....

Definitely sounds like a loose connection somewhere...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts