Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2006 cbr 600rr is causing me a few problmes.

Whilst the engine is started and is in idle I turn the handle bars and the engine cuts out. I have fiddled with the wires connected to the key barrel and this I think is what is cutting the engine out. It has happened to me twice whist riding and so something is def not right there.

I have been told that it 'could' be a massive job due to the HISS system and that i may need the whole lot replacing (not sure if i trust the little independant that i took it too).

Im really not mechanically minded and not sure who to trust or if its something i coukld actually have a look at myself?!

Any one got any ideas what this could be or know anyone in Bristol (UK) that are god honest mechanics?

Any help would be amazing.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've read that the HISS system can cause that. It's possible the BAS, bank angle sensor could also be bad. Don't think you can do much with HISS, but the BAS can be done yourself, but it work.

Sorry, but that's about all i got.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello mate. I had the same problem with the cutting out when turning the bars although with a 2008. The garage I took it too said that it was the HISS. I was stressing out because I thought id need new keys, locks etc. But they just replaced the HISS unit and reprogrammed my keys. Works sweet now. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts