Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ CA Speedway a couple weeks ago I had a very bad tank slapper (was strong enough to force my caliper pots in and make me lose my front brakes until i pumped them back to life after I stabilized). A couple laps after that slap my bike died under braking. Bike stayed on but engine would not run, like it wasn't getting fuel (I saved it by pulling in the clutch, the compression was very strong). Turning the bike off then on, the fuel pump still works... When the bike does come to life it purrs fine.

I'm guessing it's @ the injectors... Anyone have any bad experiences with Powercommanders? Possibly damaged PCIII? I need to take off the tail and see if it's still chilling ok back there.

Any advice, suggestions on what to look for/check when I get the time to tear the bike down are appreciated.

TIA.

·
Registered
479 Posts
You may have shaken your BAS loose depending on how you have it mounted.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I can;t remember excatly I think it was a recall unit and I got a new one, it was back in 04 when this happen to me. I think their were certain number production for the PCIII and they were replacing them for free..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took off the PCIII and it runs!

It just smells funny - not quite sure about it. It's definately due for a tuneup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts