Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 03 600rr. The engine does not go up the 12000rpm.
I believe it is a fuel pump problem because I had something similar before and when I changed the fuel pump everything went normal again.
600rr03 with Gianelli slip on.
The bike has 85000 kms and the previous problem showed up at 55000. Why again?
Please help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was brand new, the bike has never left of fuel, when it reaches the last black tile I refuel immediately. I don't know what happened again!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I use 2 stations that have more than regular bussiness I would say!
The only point is that they are not Shell or Bp or something like this.

K

·
0 Posts
bah, big deal... If it gets regular business, chances are it's good gasoline.

check your tank for irregularities, such as rust or paint chipping. also, check to make sure you haven't pinched any fuel lines under the tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i'll do it tomorrow and tell you the results.
By the way, I don't think I have such problems because I didn't take off the fuel tank for about 6 months now...
Thanks a lot

K

·
0 Posts
at that point, i agree. probably not a pinched line. as unlucky as it may be, maybe you've gotten a string of bad pumps!

95 RON right? Not PON or MON.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ron. Is it better to use higher? I saw the sticker on the fuel tank of the 07 model saying: use only premium unleded fuel!

K

·
0 Posts
ron. Is it better to use higher? I saw the sticker on the fuel tank of the 07 model saying: use only premium unleded fuel!
95 RON is fine. Premium does not mean the different grades of fuel available at the pump (Regular, Super, Premium whatever) but rather the quality of the fuel. basically means don't use crap fuel. 87 PON (85 MON or 91 RON) is fine.

·
Registered
266 Posts
lol...KS u know way to much about these bikes..lol...inline fuel filter..guess that was a page from the cagers manual...another page from the cagers manual...some vehicles(cars) when they have an issue(no rev) its because the ECU is in safe mode...something went wrong and sent a code which then makes the car rev a certain amount till the code is cleared or the battery terminal is removed and then attached...do bikes have this also?..my friends car had a bad O2 sensor and would only rev half the rev range...this is a question and not an answer or recommendation since i am not as knowledgeable as KS...i'm thinking no since i never heard of this "safe mode" on bikes before...

K

·
0 Posts
some do some dont. the 2007+ has a limp mode that has become popular knowledge with those who have either replaced their exhaust system and eliminated the servo in the exhaust system.

i am unsure if the 2003-2006 has such feature, but it has yet to be pronounced. rev limits is usually either caused by malfunctioning showerhead injector activation or a weak fuel pump.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts