Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 CBR600RR

When letting go of the throttle to slow down by engine braking, I hear "farts" and "coughs" coming from the bike versus the sound of the engine slowly dropping revs. It's fuel injected, but i've only had a similar experience with a carb-bike.

The solution "Well don't let go of the throttle then!" won't work for me. LoL

Regardless of the sounds, the slowdown feels smooth. But if an injector is clogged or something, I wanna do something about it.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been reading that it's only useful if you are going to dyno it to get accurate readings. And that ties into getting a power commander. Also minimal weight savings.

No power commander anytime soon; I'll restore the config.

Thanks again @wibbly (once again) for pointing me in the right direction! ;)

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
the pair system is what causes farting and sputtering on decel. it happens when you have air in the exhaust. it's either the pair introducing air, a leak in the pair system blocking plates, or an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Pair doesn't cause popping otherwise every stock bike would do it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no don't put it back on it doesn't do anything you need.

check the pair plates and make sure they're well sealed. same for the exhaust.
No PAIR plates!
Just rubber caps on the columns the PAIR hoses are supposed to attach to.

Do you think plates will make the difference?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having a similar issue, just posted a thread about it. I'm curious to see if its the same thing, because we have the same bike! Does your engine braking also not work? That was my first giveaway when I bought this bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yo @Simon Jones, everything works on my bike. Just hearing pops when decelerating after letting go of the throttle, but the bike slows down properly (engine braking is good).

Post the link to your thread so the experts here can check it out!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,903 Posts
The cbr has electronic anti chatter. So when you roll off it coasts for a second before engine braking. If this is what you're describing it's normal.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The cbr has electronic anti chatter. So when you roll off it coasts for a second before engine braking. If this is what you're describing it's normal.
That sounds funky. They introduced that "feature" in 07 yes?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts