Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I asked this around 2 months but I had a lack of replies to the matter but I am wondering to see if a 2011 CBR600RR engine will fit directly into a 2015 bike and will be able to use the loom and everything (the engines look completely alike hence me asking)

thank you in advance

·
Registered
483 Posts
Externally the engine form did not change. I know this from experience.

The frames have the same part number and cost the same so almost certainly the same. I don't know this from experience.

So the motor will fit in the frame.

The wire harnesses are not the same: different part numbers, different price. No idea if the difference is significant.

Seems a little crazy to believe the answer for something potentially this problematic from someone on an internet forum though.

I see so much blatant B.S. being disseminated that sometimes I laugh out loud.

·
Registered
2018 S1000RR Blue/White/Carbon 2015 R3 Red/White 2006 CBR600RR (blacked out)
38 Posts
Hey guys, I asked this around 2 months but I had a lack of replies to the matter but I am wondering to see if a 2011 CBR600RR engine will fit directly into a 2015 bike and will be able to use the loom and everything (the engines look completely alike hence me asking)

thank you in advance
All it takes in that 4 years is for them to add or remove a sensor or something else the ECU commands to work or provides feedback or for it to not work. The fact that Bat-1 has gone as far as to inform you that the part numbers are different says something. Manufacturers don't create a new part number for something if it remains the same year over year unless the new one supercedes the previous in which case it will work. Call the dealer and see if the part number for the 15 is a completely different number or if they run the 2011 part number through the system it doesn't supercede to the 2015 number. That would be your best way to rule it out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm not aware Honda changes part numbers unless the piece has changed (though the last two or three digits are just for color and can usually be ignored).

But Triumph changes part numbers on the same part. Same part for different models will often have different numbers. Same part, same bike, different year, sometimes different number. It's maddening.

They also don't makes changes to models just at start of the model year. They change whenever the mood hits them so when buying parts you have to go by your VIN number to see what time of the year your bike was made.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4 years of difference and the configuration is unlikely to change globally. You can of course contact your local dealer to have the VIN number deciphered and you have a general picture of everything that is happening. Well personally I was advised by the dealer Ford VIN plate and I also provided the documents with the vin accident report

·
Registered
6 Posts
Externally the engine form did not change. I know this from experience.

The frames have the same part number and cost the same so almost certainly the same. I don't know this from experience.

So the motor will fit in the frame.

The wire harnesses are not the same: different part numbers, different price. No idea if the difference is significant.

Seems a little crazy to believe the answer for something potentially this problematic from someone on an internet forum though.

I see so much blatant B.S. being disseminated that sometimes I laugh out loud.
If you cant ask on a forum or buddies then the next avenue is a dealer and they dont come off any info unless money is exchanged

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
4 years of difference and the configuration is unlikely to change globally. You can of course contact your local dealer to have the VIN number deciphered and you have a general picture of everything that is happening. Well personally I was advised by the dealer Ford VIN plate and I also provided the documents with the vin accident report
Saying that, the engine (2009-2012) is the same. And when the next generation came out (face lift if you will) it came in 2013 and they both use the same engine code starting in PC40E. So they literally have a year to somewhat change something. (Facelift came out in 2013 and the engine I want in is really a 2012 tbh)

that’s the confusing part, both codes are the same, just if the electrics and what not will be happy with it :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts