Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a valve clearance check yesterday and everything checked out fine. All are in spec.

I spent all day today carefully putting everything back together. I get everything back together, turn the key, and start the motor. Motor cranked immediately, but after a second or two, the RPMs jumped a little and then the check engine light came on. Engines sounds normal and other than taking everything apart again, I'm not sure what else I need to check.

I'm 98% sure that I put all the connectors in the right place.

Not sure what causes the check engine light to come one but hopefully it is something simple.

Is there anything specific I need to check, like the connectors to the ignition coils...? (Im pretty sure I put them in the right position). PAIR solenoid...? CCT..?

I did empty the radiator before doing the clearance check and after I put it back on and started the motor I filled it up with distilled water. That shouldn't have anything to do with it. Right...?

Smoke was coming out of the exhaust after big revs but I think that's because I put oil on the cam lobes to prevent a dry start.

Any ideas would help because I'm kind of stuck right now. Kind of a noob when it comes to this stuff.

Any ideas or suggestions would really help. Thanks!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Did the engine light blink?

How many times?

Watch the lights and google the codes for your bike. It'll give you more info as to whats triggering the CE light.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the engine light blink?

How many times?

Watch the lights and google the codes for your bike. It'll give you more info as to whats triggering the CE light.

Engine light did not blink. But the RPMs did jump before the light came on. Are you talking about the engine light blinking? If so it did not blink

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was. I may be way off.

Ill dig into it a little.

What yr is your bike?

Engine light is gone!!

Was a little hose that fell into the crevices. Took everything off again today and checked every single connector. Was about to give up but decided to look at pictures that I took while disassembling. Find that sucker and put it in back (pain in the ass). Anyway, I put everything back on and she started right back up with out the light.

Anyway thanks for your help!

This was the SOB
ImageUploadedByMO Free1414458825.309202.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1414458845.137613.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts