Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! So... I had a little spill.... Hit some dirt in a corner and she slid into a drainage ditch.... :hang:

SO, I finally got her home about an hour and a half later and it only makes a single click and won't start. I'm assuming it's hydrolocked cause it played on it's side for about 45 minutes to an hour in water that covered about half the bike.

I know I need to pull the plugs and get the fuel or oil to spit out of the spark plugs but if that doesn't work what should be my next plan of action?

I bought a new bike so its not a big deal to have her torn down for however long it takes. Thanks for any suggestions!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,767 Posts
I'd be sure to change your oil before you even think of cranking it

And yes, if the battery is good and it won't crank it may have water in the cylinders. So pull the plugs and do your thing.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
While I think there's many other, more likely reasons the bike won't start, just the possibility that anything is inside the airbox or throttle bodies is enough to highly recommend disassembly down to that level and a good cleaning and inspection.

No need to prove yourself right by blowing up an engine.

There are threads that will walk you through checking the several points of electronic gates (BAS, kickstand, clutch, fuse, etc.) that need to be cleared in order for the fuel pump to prime and starting to even be attempted. Check them out after a good cleaning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Haven't had much time to get to work but I did start tearing her down. Airbox looks clean as well as everything underneath but I did have quite a bit of water come out when I drained my oil. I drained the coolant and also removed the tank so I can clean everything out before I actually get to the plugs. If there are any other ideas as to what might be the problem I would appreciate it cause I am new to this and really don't feel like screwing anything up! haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts