Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 600rr with about 3000 miles on it. I've had the bike for about a month now and have heard some engine noise for about two weeks. It sounded like a clicking at about 5k rpm so i immediately thought cct. well i changed the cct to a manual one and i guess the clicking went away but my engine is just very loud. when i got the bike it sounded very quiet, almost like brand new. does anybody have an idea why my motor is making so much noise? also the stock muffler sounds louder too and i dont think it should. please help me before something goes really wrong.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Fuel injectors make the clicking sound

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can anybody tell me how to adjust the manual cam chain tensioner? i'll tighten the bolt till i feel it get snug, then i'll turn the bike on and the engine just sounds loud. i'll tighten the bolt a couple of turns and wont hear any diff. im about to take my bike to the shop so they can put the stock cct back on. i cant get the stock cct on because the cctl is all the way out i guess and i cant get the bolts threaded to bolt it back in. somebody please help, im afraid im gonna **** my bike up bad if i dont get this cct right.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i backed the tension bolt out and then tightened it till it felt snug, then i backed it out about a quarter of a turn and then tightened the lock nut down. my bike feels a lot better not even though its noisy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts