Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man i f'ed up so i went to the dmv to register my bike and they couldnt find the engine number and i didnt have allen wrenches to de-fairing for them so they couldnt register my bike. fine i'll waste a whole half day some other time to come get this done. then they say if you dont have 7500 miles you need a emissions test, i have 6100 miles i thought fine i'll ride 1400 next week just ride a lot... so i'm pissed i get on the highway and head out on the 8, and i'm cruisin but not crazy and not too much traffic in the open part outside the city. i see a black car fly up so i get in the middle lane welp, its a cop i see him flick on the lights as he gets beside me and pulls in front of me to guide me off the road... so how fast were you going, (i just had my sprockets changed and didnt want to say 110 which my speedo was showing) so i said about 95? he said exactly right 95, wayyy too fast. he was a nice guy though and cut me a break down to 85 in 70 so i wouldn't get a reckless. he also didn't bother me about my tag mount angle or anything. now i have to do the traffic school and pay a huge fine. i guess i deserved it, i just wish i'd been able to get registered i'd be still sittin in the stupid dmv at that time... go ahead. flame me.

btw, where is the engine number?

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the engine number which they have to verify matches to the vin so if your bike is parted by a thief they can get it back. i dont know if its the same as the vin though.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
No flame from me. Everyone makes mistakes. If the roads were clear and it was on interstate I don't think 95 is such a big deal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
dont take your fairings off!

dude i had the same issue w/my engine number,(mines a salvage) its on the bottom of the engine. I had to tilt my bike way over on the kick stand while the mvd guy layed on his back (and prayed the kick stand held, lol) under my bike so he could see the number. beleave me it's there, pretty smart too aint no grinding that off unless you dismantle the whole thing. They tried to make me take my fairings off too, but there happened to be a guy who new what he was doing there and suggested to look there.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you 602krew! now i'm even more pissed that i could've done it that day!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have to say ive never heard of dmvs doin that but im glad they are doing that..i hope that spreads to entire country because there is soo many bike thefts here its incredible.. N i cant afford full coverage at a viscious 450 bucks a month so if my **** gets jacked im screwedd

·
Registered
650 Posts
i had the same problem when i went to go register the dumba$$ told me to go home and take the fairings off, but luckely another guy knew where is was, its near the kick stand area, and also i got a card with the vin# and engine# when i got my bike it was called Honda Identification card

1 - 10 of 10 Posts