Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

:)

What is the amount of oil, between the lower level and the upper level marks in the engine oil window ("inspection window" in the owner's manual)?
E.i. - If the engine oil level is now at the lower level - how much should I fill to reach the upper level?

I don't want to check, and check again, and recheck if I've hitted the upper level mark already, when filling Oil.
I just want to know that if I'm at the lower level, I should fill X amount of oil, and thats it.

The bike is CBR1000RR 2005.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just changed the oil on my '07, and I would guess the distance between the two marks works out to about 1/3 of a quart. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am off on this.

Your best bet though, is to add smaller amounts of oil, stopping to check the new oil level, and work your way up slowly to the full or near full level. Its so simple to do by just leveling the bike out and taking a look, and you wouldn't want to overfill it.

Dave

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just changed the oil on my '07, and I would guess the distance between the two marks works out to about 1/3 of a quart. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am off on this.

Your best bet though, is to add smaller amounts of oil, stopping to check the new oil level, and work your way up slowly to the full or near full level. Its so simple to do by just leveling the bike out and taking a look, and you wouldn't want to overfill it.

Dave
Thanks deedub, I've just found this to support your report. It should be about 12 ounces. 1 ounce is 0.028 kilogram, 12 ounces is 0.336 litter = 1/3 of a quarter.
Thanks a lot man :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
i found that when changing the oil, it basically just take 3L of the stuff, thats including changing the oil filter of course

dump all 3 bottles in and it was perfect

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

Dave
I agree as well on the procedure dave described.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
fill it to the top of the upper mark, where your over the mark but you can still see the meniscus. thats how i do it on my 04 blade.
and if your bike is still burning oil, its a nice lil buffy incase you forget to check it, you already had the head start of being over.

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Wow you are far out there where you live.
Nice to have ya, Welcome aboard :rocker:

Hi All,

:)

What is the amount of oil, between the lower level and the upper level marks in the engine oil window ("inspection window" in the owner's manual)?
E.i. - If the engine oil level is now at the lower level - how much should I fill to reach the upper level?

I don't want to check, and check again, and recheck if I've hitted the upper level mark already, when filling Oil.
I just want to know that if I'm at the lower level, I should fill X amount of oil, and thats it.

The bike is CBR1000RR 2005.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Also, these 1000RRs a lot of them burn oil, mine used to, it doesnt anymore.
some do, some dont, most ive seen do. especially 04-05s.

dont know if you know but www.1000rr.net is a more useful resource for our bikes.

but little dot net is always home to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts