Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought a Honda cbr600rr 2008 a month ago. It looks great but I'm afraid that the engine was opened for some reason. The bike has 11000km and it shouldn't be opened for at those km.
Today I noticed some strange notes on the engine which makes me believe that those pieces were changed. Please find attached picture and let me know your opinions.
There you can find the code "uE 8021" on both pieces. Does anyone know what that means and if those should or not appear on the motorcycle engine?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm not sure what I'm looking at but that seems like the engine number, kinda like a vin but for the engine.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I think thats from a company that stock piles engines and puts them on ebay thats for identification. So im guessing you have a bike that blew a engine and someone swaped a spare in there they bought of ebay or somewhere else

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think thats from a company that stock piles engines and puts them on ebay thats for identification. So im guessing you have a bike that blew a engine and someone swaped a spare in there they bought of ebay or somewhere else
What Mran5565 said. Doesn't need to be a bad sign, check compression and get a oil analysis to check the general health of that engine.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Yep mines got something just like that and my engines from ebay

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
You can also check all the nuts and bolts that hold the engine to see if they have any scuffs or marks of them being removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts