Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... looks like I'm back to riding a cage again for quite some time. For reasons yet investigated, my bike engine seized on me this evening. I was riding from Lucedale on the way to work when about 5 miles north of the George County border, on Hwy63, my engine started sounding... odd. The bike itself began to have a subtle shake to it and before I had a change to slow down or even think to turn the engine off, it just seized on me. In my rear I saw a short cloud trail of smoke and immediately knew my baby was seized. Pulled over and checked the sight panel first and there was still oil in the sight. Checked under the lower and saw oil around the filter area and other places. Called a friend to come out to BFE and pick me and the bike up and went home.

Why did it seize? Your guess is as good as mine. Just did my oil change not 800~ miles ago. She's ran smooth as ever, and has trekked my butt back n' forth from here to Lucedale for the past month on several occasions. Maybe a gasket blew. Maybe a head cracked. I don't know. I don't have the resources to even have her looked at, much less fixed. So, for a long, yet undetermined amount of time, I'm off the redhead. And in my drive she'll sit 'til I can do something about it. I gotta tell ya... might as well be a family member in the hospital, given the way I feel. My baby's broke, and I hate it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry to hear it. Sounds like a thrown rod or dropped valve to me too. Either way, unless you just want to rebuild for fun, new engine is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Lucedale? Dude I have some buddies down in Gulfport, DIberville, Long Beach that might could help you out. PM me your contact info and Ill try to get you hooked up with them.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lucedale? Dude I have some buddies down in Gulfport, DIberville, Long Beach that might could help you out. PM me your contact info and Ill try to get you hooked up with them.

I'm with Gulf Coast Sportbikes. I got the connections, and thensome. It's the funding I don't have. I don't have the money right now to get this fixed. It'll be awhile before I do. But I thank you for the help, friend.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
sorry to hear that bro :rip:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts