Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In 1st gear between 2000rmps and red line the engine sounds like it is higher rpms than it really is, I dont want to say it sounds like its vibrating. I am not sure how to explain it, the exhaust sounds kinda rough. Its barely noticable in 2nd gear and not at all noticable in 3rd gear. I have around 3k on the bike and I just started hearing it yeaterday. Im going to change the oil in a few days because im almost due anyways, ill see what happens then. If anybody has had anything that sounds remotely like this I need your input. Thanks.

**UPDATE 5/12/2006**
1st gear also feels like it is dragging, it feels like I lost a large amount of power.

Also I talked to a tech at the stealership and he said the sound I was hearing was the RMPs being too high. He said my clutch was probably shot and the engine was rotating too fast for the speeds I was traveling.

What do you guys think of this? Does this sound like anybody who needed to replace a clutch? Friction plates arent that expensive, I hope this is the problem and it is nothing serious.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
dunno. sounds like first gear is going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts