Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my 06 cbr 600rr and hoping someone here can help out.
So I was on track today(second session) and I was pushing hard(did hit the rev limiter a couple of times) and as I was exiting a tight hairpin I accelerated only to loose power and the bike cut out, I managed to push it to the pit lane where it started again only to stall again after a few minutes. The bike would start and run for a couple of minutes then stall. Checked all the relays and fuses,wiring but couldn't find an issue. With the bike not able to ride I packed up and came home, started the bike up and drove around the estate for a few minutes only for the bike to cut out again. Same as before the bike will run for a few minutes then stall. The fan does come on and cool the engine down so I'm assuming something electrical is over heating maybe the fuel pump or cam sensor? I cant find any thread anywhere with this issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tested everything even replaced crank and cam sensors as I couldn't test them while the bike was running being internal sensors but problem persisted, I disconnected the PC 5 and the bike runs mint even idles better so I need the bike back on the dyno to see if it's a faulty PC unit or wrong mapping, bike had done 2 full track days previous with the map so odds are it's a bad unit, really hope not cause I've got a full titanium arrow system and slipper clutch going into it which would really help the lap times. Pity I didnt disconnect it track side and finish the day but aye ya live and learn ??

·
Registered
428 Posts
Glad you found the culprit. Any chance the set-up inputs can shake/vibrate into different settings while your riding, or are the setting completely secure so that can't happen? How about the ground wire for the unit? Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts