Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to install frame sliders and my Hama exhaust. In another post I saw I might have to lift the engine a little for the frame slider install, or rather support the engine. At pepboys they have a engine jack for real cheap and I was thinking about grabbing one but I have a couple questions. First, where do we lift our bikes when we want to? Second, will the jack get in the way of the exhaust install, so for the slider install I should just look at renting something? Third, in the future will I have a need to do this?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I used my jack from my jeep to put it up in the air and then I put some Jack Stands under neath the Rear Sets Just be sure to put it on the part thats solid.
Thats how i did it and you can lift it from the oil pan not a problem at all.
As long as you don't bash the dam pan you will be fine.

hmm I forgot i have a front stand that is also holding my bike up.
Yea well you prolly want to get some kinda stand like that or else you will end up with a tiped over bike and prolly very angrey.
Get a rear stand and a front trust me WELL worth the money instead of the jack.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a front stand and will use something else to support the engine when I install the sliders. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
i started and finished the left side. then moved on to the right side. do one side at a time. only reason why i used the jackstand is to lift up the engine a tad bit. reason being is the right side bolt has the weight of the eng on the bolt. so its hard to get the bolt out. lifting up the engine releases some of that weight and the bolt easily slides out. be sure to loosen the nut on the right side first before jacking it up. the weight will help by not letting the bolt spin. once you break the torque off the nut and take it off. then use the jack to lift. makes the bolt easier to take out. use a peice of flat plywood to place under the oil case when you use the jackstand.

its weird, i had never to use the jack for my bike, the right bolt slid out easy. but ive done 3 others and needed the jack. dont lift the eng too much where the front wheel comes off the ground or bike gets unstable. you just need a little push. the front stand is nice to use if you have it for stability. but its not necessary to use it. dont forget to use some loctite for the bolts.

pretty easy to do...goodluck mang!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts