Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I may be getting my hands on a used engine. My bike is from California, the guy that i am buying the engine from is in Montgomery, Alabama. so its going to be a "49 state" motor.
Now he stated on his ebay ad, that it dosent come with the wiring harness. I still have mine off my bike. question is:

Can I use the Wiring harness from a California model on a 49 State motor?

I know that the headers dont have the oxgyen sensor but what else is different??

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,790 Posts
how about an '05-'06 engine to '03-'04? a much improved midrange of the newer motor is always welcome.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well looking at my service manual and Ronayers.com. It seems that there the same. and the difference would only include the connections for the Evap/smog emissions, and the 02 sensors.
they have different part numbers, so i am guessing thats it. with my luck the ECU and wiring harness from a CA bike...wont work on my 49 state motor.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Ya as long as you get the 49ST ECU and headers it'll be all good. Actually, i dont think you'll even NEED 49ST headers but since you have the CA main harness it might throw a code because that connector will just be hangin (nothing to worry about tho). Other than that little problem everything should be fine.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
APEX_600RR said:
Ya as long as you get the 49ST ECU and headers it'll be all good. Actually, i dont think you'll even NEED 49ST headers but since you have the CA main harness it might throw a code because that connector will just be hangin (nothing to worry about tho). Other than that little problem everything should be fine.
Well i have the 02 sensor plug from dynojet, so i dont really need to worry about that. But what else is different in the engine besides that?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I think they covered it Toe. With the PCIII O2 eliminators and the PC you should be golden. Like Ceph was saying, they're not going to make a bunch of different wiring harness' for the same bike. They mass produce them from a subcontractor probably.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts