Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if its a problem or not but today my engine reached 110 C witch is 230 F my fan was working perfectly but i got scared i have car and normaly temp on my car is 90 C ... what is the max temp this engines can reach withhold overheating ?

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
i believe the fan kicks on in the 225f range, and its pretty normal to see 230f while sitting in traffic.
on the highway at 65 mph it should be in the 175-180f range.

i wouldnt worry unless you see it getting over 235f +.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I usually don't see any hotter than 227F, but on an extremely hot day, sitting for a few, I've seen it hover around 233F. Once I get a mile or two on the highway, it goes down to usually 177F

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I usually don't see any hotter than 227F, but on an extremely hot day, sitting for a few, I've seen it hover around 233F. Once I get a mile or two on the highway, it goes down to usually 177F
+1 on that...my bike got to 233F once while sitting with a large group in Ojai...it was like 95 that day and a sunday so there was traffic.
I would recommend doing a coolant flush and getting some fresh ENGINE ICE up in that bitch! that should help you keep her cool.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
oh yeah and while runnin freeway...177F is prime. my roommates 07' RR runs 175F on the freeway. His bike will stay cooler longer if we put them side by side and let them get hot.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I was riding on the freeway today, it's about 45F here. Bike runs about 172F. When it's just above freezing (32F), it will run in the mid 160s

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
your warning light will kick on at 250ish.

here in the 100 degree plus summer stop lights are an easy 240ish
it happens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts