Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The saga continues...

I can't seem to find anything about this anywhere. Overheating seems common, but I don't see anything about underheating.

I replaced the thermostat and the radiator cap because my engine temps were going to high, and not cooling properly even at 70mph. I filled the system, burped it, etc. Once the MAP sensor line was unkinked, everything seemed good. I finally got the plastics back on, and rode to work this morning, but my engine temperature is very low. On my way back home from work, it was reading in the 120F range on an interstate. I got a reading as high as 158F when I was at a light, but it cooled back down to 135F by the time I was home. It was cool today (69F) and raining a bit, but a temperature 45-60 degrees below normal--175F--seems pretty excessive.

So, obviously something isn't right. My first thought is that the water temperature assembly has a bad connection, or is going bad. Second thought is that the thermostat is being wonky, but that doesn't make sense. I'm going to call my mechanic tomorrow and see if he has ideas; does anyone here?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Never read an underheat thread OTF......
double check with a handheld IR temperature reader?
sure sounds like a poor connection, or failing sensor...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first guess, yeah. I'm going to try cleaning the contracts on Friday, see if that fixes it, and if not replace the sensor assembly. If that doesn't fix it, then I think I'm off to the mechanic since I hate electrical work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts