Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed while riding the engine temp avg. is about 174 degrees. But sitting at along light I see the temp up around 220-239 should I be concerned?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Normal for my '09. Temp holds at 173 when cruising, but if I've been running more that 10-15 minutes I'll hit 200 at the stoplights (unless air temp is cool, say below 75). In stop-and-go, or if it's hot out and I've been riding a while, temp will go over 220 at stops. Highest engine temp I've seen so far is 235, while slowly cruising through a state park after a couple hours of highway riding on a hot day.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
see my sig...

search function, and other various sections also would have turned that up btw.

·
Registered
347 Posts
What you can do if you are worried about the temp getting too high, is buy a simple Adjustable Temp Switch (I have the Derale unit I got on Ebay for $30) and install it. Set it to a temp that keeps your mind at ease so when you are sitting at the lights or riding slowly in hot weather, and it will turn the fans on at a lower temp ( have two fans that turn on at 190', I live in Vegas so yeah it gets hot here LOL).

As was mentioned, the bike will make the most power at 185' before it falls off. Sure on the street it is ok to let it get hotter, but I dont let my bike get up as high as the ECU is designed to let it get before the fan comes on itself. If installed properly the ECU controlled temp/fan switch acts as a fail safe if the fuse pops in the aftermarket temp switch or something fails in the system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info,(Clarkie) I do find myself more focused on he bike and the anxiety to catch air when stopped than concentrating on being a better rider.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sorry for resurrecting an old threat but thanks tenjin for the info from in your sig....The bike's temp went into the 180's the other day on the freeway....it was hot out and I was hoping it was still in the normal range...the dealership shop manual I have didn't state the normal temp range...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.